Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cat poo

Options
  • 27-09-2006 10:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭

My cat is 3 and in the last month on a few occasions I've found 'little presents' on the floor. Today there was 3 pieces of poo in a trail coming from his litter tray - it looks like he might have had it on his paw or it was stuck to him. He's using the tray as normal and we always keep it clean for him, also he seems like his usual self and we haven't changed anything so I don't know whats wrong. When I pointed to the poo today he knew he'd be bold and made his guily face. Any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭luckat

He'd been bold? Get aholda yersel!

Bring him to the vet. My cat was having poo problems a few months ago - sometimes it would stick to his bottom, for instance - and I brought him to the vet, worried that he was constipated.

It turned out that he had arthritis in his spine (the vet gave me glucosamine for him, which is working really well) and this was causing inflammation all over him.

If a healthy cat isn't able to use his litter tray, he's - well, not a healthy cat. Vet time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

tk123 wrote:
    My cat is 3 and in the last month on a few occasions I've found 'little presents' on the floor. Today there was 3 pieces of poo in a trail coming from his litter tray - it looks like he might have had it on his paw or it was stuck to him. He's using the tray as normal and we always keep it clean for him, also he seems like his usual self and we haven't changed anything so I don't know whats wrong. When I pointed to the poo today he knew he'd be bold and made his guily face. Any ideas?

:D

Cats have visable facial expressions?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭franksm

:D

Cats have visable facial expressions?

of course :D it's the "looking at you with face turned slightly away" look

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭FranknFurter

God yeah, they've many! lol ;0)

To name but a few we see daily.......

"Stink-face"
    "You're looking at what exactly?"
    "That had better be for me!"
    "I'm innocent!"
    "Bliss-face"
    "And where's mine?"
    "Im not listening"
    "yaay! somthing to kill" (I dont care if it IS you're hand / face / bottlecap / blinds / wheelchair) ;)
    "Talk to the butt!"

And many many more lol, you learn which is which very quickly! ;)

B

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭hadook

Not to forget the "oh is it 3am? While you're up do you think you could possibly feed me?" face :D

OP - If your cat is displaying problems using the litter then a trip to the vet is needed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

thanks guys - he hasn't done it since. If he does it again i'll bring him in and see what they say..Thank god I invested in the top-loading carrier!! :D

Advertisement