Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xbox Live with 360 problem

• 27-09-2006 11:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭

Sorry if this is the wrong place, please move it if it is the wrong place; again sorry!

Hi lads,
    I have a Xbox 360 here that im trying to connect to Xbox live. I have a wgr614 router downstairs. I have a pc upstairs that is recieving wireless internet from downstairs. i have a ethernet cable connected to that pc and then into the back of the xbox and i am trying to bridge the wireless to the wired... The 360 is having problems picking up the IP address.... Could anyone help me please!?!? :(

Thanks all,
    Dave

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Are you trying to set up Internet Connection Sharing? What version of Windows are you using?

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭da4i's

Windows XP

Ye i suppose you could call it that! Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Dave

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

XP ICS Manual Setup for Broadband Connections by Practically Networked should help you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭Foxwood

da4i's wrote:
    Ye i suppose you could call it that! Any ideas?
    "Internet Connection Sharing" isn't a made up name, it's a function of Windows XP.

But you're trying to get your X-Box signal through 2 routers - it's probably not going to work that way. Can you confirm that it works if you plug it directy into the wgr614?

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭da4i's

ye it works when i connect it straight into the wgr614 router. Any ideas??? I cant afford wireless atm and my familly dont want wires all over the house.... :( Please help.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭Foxwood

da4i's wrote:
    I have a Xbox 360 here that im trying to connect to Xbox live. I have a wgr614 router downstairs. I have a pc upstairs that is recieving wireless internet from downstairs. i have a ethernet cable connected to that pc and then into the back of the xbox and i am trying to bridge the wireless to the wired... The 360 is having problems picking up the IP address
    So, is the 360 even able to see the PC - never mind the connection to the internet for now.

Do you have the right type of ethernet cable - you need a crossover cabe to connect the XBox directly to a PC.

Advertisement