Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jumping in the deep end

Options
  • 27-09-2006 11:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭

Lo.
    I have no piercings. None. I am a clean (I was going to say virgin, but I can just imagine the comments :)) canvas. I haven't even stabbed myself with a thumbtack recently. And I'm seriously thinking of getting a surface piercing at the nape of my neck. Am I jumping in the deep end here? :confused:
    Jack

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Alter-Ego

Not at all. Ya have to start somewhere i guess and a nape piercing isin't a really big deal.

Go see a piercer and they'll talk you through it.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Le Rack

go for it! They are so hot on men and women! I had nothing but my ears pierced before last week, went to get my clit done, but had a flu the week before so couldn't but got my tongue a week later! LOVE IT! If you're in Dublin, got to Snake bite on Abbey street, found it the best, even just for talking to the guys. Have Fun! :D It'll be worth it!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭Jack B. Badd

A mate's getting her tongue done today so I'll head in with her and suss it out...may even get it done if I'm feeling adventurous. Was looking it up last night and came across corset piercing - OMG looks soooo cool! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Le Rack

corsets are pretty cool, but sooo much work and afaik they're only temp...but the nape is HAWT!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Kastro

theres not really a deep end as such when your talking about piercings unless your talking about extream boddy modding such as insertions etc.
    the majority of todays are very straight forward and easy to take care of.
    go get pierced!

• Advertisement

Cool, when I mention the nape piercing to people they go "oh, and you haven't even got your ears pierced!" so that kind of put me off.
    Also I'm wondering how much of a hassle my long hair will be. I have a mate who had a nape piercing and he said so long as I keep my hair tied up and away from the back of my neck while it's healing I should be ok. Anyone know about this?

Right, looks like I'll have to take a trip to Dublin to get this done but no bother. I'm just wondering what type of jewelery would be best to use? The impression I'm getting from reading up on it is that I should stear clear of plastics and curved bars and go for a surface bar. Sound about right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

surface bar yeah, or a trough bar, think its the same thing though.

A surface bar is shaped like a staple or a flattened U. I presume the trough is the same?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Kastro

yea as far as i know it is... im no piercer..
    where you based.? why you gunna have to goto dublin?

• Advertisement

I'm in Cork and the parlours that I have heard good things about don't do surface piercings and the others I'm a wee bit dodgy about going to because of what I've heard about them. Looks like I'll be heading to Dublin this coming weekend anyway so it won't be a major hassle. Really looking forward to it (sez the girl who doesn't like needles :rolleyes:)

deceptive user name right there :)
    anywho yeah good luck with it

Wilburt wrote:
    deceptive user name right there :)

Given the amount of confusion it causes, I'm on the point of changing it to Booby McGirlyPants...;)

nah we love you the way you are :D dont change! now go get that piercing!!! ;)

Yessir!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭Fantasy_Suicide

Don't talk to me about corsets. I had one on my back. And I've got one on my arm at present. She's only been there for a few days tho. I don't wanna get rid! There's a picture in the show my yours thread.

F_S, how long did the one on your back last?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 602 ✭✭✭edibility

A friend of mine got the nape of his neck pierced, first piercing, and it was fine. It's not a huge deal, just take care of it properly. I know plenty of people with piercings considered unusual who've never gotten any of the "standard" piercings before.

Got it done yesterday and it was fine. A little painful but a dull, bearable pain. Went to Zulu Tattoo in Temple Bar and she put in a trough bar. One thing I'm a bit unsure of is how snug a fit (if thats the right phrase) the bar is supposed to be. I thought the balls where supposed to be flush to the skin but I noticed this morning as I was cleaning it that the bar is large enough in comparison to the piercing that one L-bend is visible unless I align it just so. Will it settle in time or should I be looking for a smaller bar once it's reasonably healed? I'll probably post a picture in a day or two once the purple marker has cleaned off properly.

Yep thats normal.. it should never be too tight because you have to allow for swelling etc, when its FULLY healed, then you should get a smaller one, make sure to always make sure the piercer thinks its healed too... 'cause i got a smaller ring in my lip before it was fully healed and it got a bit tight on my lip and it started to give out alot of puss etc. 'tis not very nice :]

• Advertisement
Advertisement