Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

munster expres or news and star which do u buy

• 28-09-2006 12:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭

Just wondering from reading the many threads on this forum, that i notice most people seem to buy the news and star rather than the munster express.
    I always thought the munster was better because of its advertisements for jobs,houses, cars,news, local news,sport and other stuff.

What do ye all buy? And for what reason do ye prefer your choosen newspaper?

Which newspaper do u buy 10 votes

munster express
    0% 0 votes
    news and star
    100% 10 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,272 ✭✭✭merlante

Quite simply, there is nobody that says it how it is like the Phoenix in the News & Star.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Bards

There is more local news in the News & Star not to mention The Phoenix ...anyway you can read the current weeks Munster Express online every Friday

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,500 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Buy neither tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭Bookee

Buy the Munster, but read OPs News n Star. Unfortunately don't get the pics in the online Munster.... Why is that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 366 ✭✭kilkennycat2004

Phoneix in news&star with his anti-KK propaganda. No thanks.
    The Kilkenny People & Kilkenny Voice every time but locally The Munster would win IMO.

• Advertisement

The Kilkenny People & Kilkenny Voice every time but locally The Munster would win IMO.

The truth hurts.. at least he never called you lot Nazis and the Kilkenny People is unbiased!!! don't make me laugh

Grow up. Just because the man is in favour of the boundary extension does not mean he is anti-KK. It's a pro-Waterford city column, but it is by no means anti-Kilkenny. The Phoenix frequently sites things that Kilkenny do better as an example for Waterford.

The Kilkenny People is a gutter rag that has no problem portraying people from neighbouring counties and/or their elected representatives as Nazis.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,430 ✭✭✭✭road_high

merlante wrote:
    Grow up. Just because the man is in favour of the boundary extension does not mean he is anti-KK. It's a pro-Waterford city column, but it is by no means anti-Kilkenny. The Phoenix frequently sites things that Kilkenny do better as an example for Waterford.

The Kilkenny People is a gutter rag that has no problem portraying people from neighbouring counties and/or their elected representatives as Nazis.

Lovely opinion there :rolleyes:

mfitzy wrote:

If you are referring to my opinion on the Kilkenny People, that paper did actually refer to Waterford city council and/or the people of Waterford city as Nazis looking for Lebensraum. :mad:

You'll find an awful lot of rubbish in the Waterford papers, but what you won't find is that sort of bile.

Anyway, this is a thread on a Waterford city board rating two Waterford papers, so I don't really think that Kilkenny papers or anti-phoenix whining really has anything to do with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Neither - Waterford Today lands on my mat for free.

Used to buy the Munster but God knows why in retrospect.

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

Amen to that Mike65,
    I'll give the jobs page in the Munster a quick look if it's in the house, and often look for the comedy court cases, but other than that it's Waterford Today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 366 ✭✭kilkennycat2004

merlante wrote:
    Anyway, this is a thread on a Waterford city board rating two Waterford papers, so I don't really think that Kilkenny papers or anti-phoenix whining really has anything to do with it.

As with Waterford hurling people living in said area are entitled to give whatever opinion they want. Particularly when familiar with the subject in question.
    The Phoneix is a coward hiding behind an alias for many many years now & yes he is anti-kk, very much so in fact.
    Fair dues to Waterford Today for their coverage of the Kilmacow hurling teams endeavours last weekend btw.

and the editor of the Kilkenny people constantly calling WRH waterford General hospital

start a new thread if you want to discuss regional newspapers & name calling etc.

As with Waterford hurling people living in said area are entitled to give whatever opinion they want. Particularly when familiar with the subject in question.
    The Phoneix is a coward hiding behind an alias for many many years now & yes he is anti-kk, very much so in fact.
    Fair dues to Waterford Today for their coverage of the Kilmacow hurling teams endeavours last weekend btw.

So you are in Waterford all of a sudden, for the purposes of **** stirring?

The Phoenix is not even slightly anti-KK. He just has views that you, as a south Kilkenny man that is fervently anti-boundary extension, do not agree with. He has complimented Kilkenny city numerous times for the way it is turned out. He has strongly criticised Kilkenny Co. Co.'s neglect of the approaches to Waterford city, and he is 100% right to do so, particularly when Kilkenny Co. Co. didn't so much as remove a weed in the run up to the Tall Ships. This is fact, not bias.

The Phoenix is the best and most honest column on life in the environs of Waterford City. He (she?) is correct to remain anonymous; he can give his views while ruling himself out of the petty politicking he would otherwise become embroiled in, thus preserving the column.

Since you have given no evidence whatsoever for the Phoenix being anti-Kilkenny, then I will assume that you are trolling, because your anti-Waterford views are familiar to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭mad man

News & Star.Phoenix highlights the issues.Although when I was not working I found the jobs page in the Munster was better.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Larry-K

The Munster & Waterford today regularly... News & Star occasionally... N&S has entertainments listings that the ME doesn't and vice versa... So to get a full picture of what's happening in the area you need to read all three... In the newsagents...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭meldrew

Phoenix is a legend but John O Connor is good in the Munster as well , the sports section in the News and star is far superior than the Munster

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

mfitzy wrote:

Quite accurate opinion actually. And - oh - this is a thread/poll about the Munster Express and News & Star. End of story.:)

Advertisement