Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Buying a Celica

Options
  • 28-09-2006 1:49am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭

I'm thinking of buying a 140bhp Celica around 2003/2004

Does anyone have any comments about these cars good or bad??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Rudolph Claus

That model was made for women.
    Get a real celica.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Donna O K

Ronanom wrote:

96/97 Models are alot nicer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭Gatster

Steve06 has a 190:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054989811&referrerid=&highlight=
    I drove a 140 a while back and thought it was nicely balanced. Bit of a low rent feel to the interior compared to the exterior though, but quite practical.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

I've had the 140 and 190 - no comparisson. Get the 190 or you will regret it.

http://www.carzone.ie/503876

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭Moanin

My friend had a 190 for a while and I drove it for a while.Give it a lash in 3rd gear wahoo.Its a great car to drive

You can import a good one cheaply from the UK.

It's well worth it if you get a good one!

• Advertisement

Moanin wrote:
    My friend had a 190 for a while and I drove it for a while.Give it a lash in 3rd gear wahoo.Its a great car to drive

You can import a good one cheaply from the UK.

It's well worth it if you get a good one!
    import cheaply, pay a lot for VRT...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

They're meant to be fun to drive but my god they're ugly. And you see a lot of women driving them.....

Anything but ugly.... and you only see chicks in the 140 version.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭v10

Ronanom wrote:

First of all they are a good car. Look good, and are nice to drive.

Why buy the 140 though ?

Also don't buy a 2003/4 model buy the 2002 I'm selling ! :D

Since this picture I've put new TSW Alloys on it ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

Very nice car alright, tho I found the 190 a bit too short on violence for my tastes:D

And why o why won't the rev limiter allow you to go into the red!:(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭zuzu

any difference in the fuel consumption between the 140 and 190? how many miles per full tank? and what does it cost to fill a full tank?

zuzu wrote:
    any difference in the fuel consumption between the 140 and 190? how many miles per full tank? and what does it cost to fill a full tank?
    I've never had a 140 although I'd say if driven the same they would be very similar, but the lift on the 190 would have to make it capable of consuming a lot more .. i.e. once you hit the lift I'd say for that brief minute your only getting 5mpg..ish at a guess.

The tank holds 55 litres from empty and I'm getting about 5.5 to 6 miles per litre from my 190.

V10 you're not still looking for 22,500 for the car are you? I just sold mine for 18.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

steve06 wrote:
    and you only see chicks in the 140 version.

Cos' the piddly little 190bhp is manlier? A girl's car is a girl's car no matter what bhp it is. A tiTTy with 265 is still a hairdresser's car.

steve06 wrote:
    V10 you're not still looking for 22,500 for the car are you? I just sold mine for 18.
    Na, haven't tried to sell it yet .. but will be soon .. Probably look for 19K ono
    Cos' the piddly little 190bhp is manlier? A girl's car is a girl's car no matter what bhp it is.
    To be honest, I dont think the Celica is a girls car .. You tend to notice every other car the same as your on the road and I'd say most of the Celica drivers are fella's. I reckon the Hyundai Coupe is the Celica for girls :) And I think what steve06 is saying is that fellas would tend to know more about the engine so are more likely to look for the 190 than girls would.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

Ah Toyota, sure they are only crap. Why would anyone want to buy one of those. I wouldn't waste my money on such a lump of dirt.

prospect wrote:
    Ah Toyota, sure they are only crap. Why would anyone want to buy one of those. I wouldn't waste my money on such a lump of dirt.
    Yeah.:rolleyes:

Oh wise one, bestow us with your wisdom and advise us what we should drive seeing as you've seemingly got nothing constructive to say about any manfacturer, in almost any thread...

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054999256

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

No offense.

I'm on a protest.

See the Alfa 146 thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

Ronanom wrote:

gaypride.gif

• Advertisement

Originally Posted by Prospect
    No offense.

I'm on a protest.

See the Alfa 146 thread
    ;) Checked it, good thread. Well we both love Alfas...but I cheat behind their backs with BMW's. Was gutted when I sold my BM and came very close to a GTV V6, but a change of circumstances popped up and I had to get something more practical. Now another change means I'm back on track for the fun stuff again :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭cpoh1

What are you looking for from the celica? If its simply the looks and youre not in the slightest bothered by performance just go for the vvti model with 140bhp. If youre looking for a combination of looks and a bit of welly go with the vvtl-i model instead. Anyone who says the celica is a hairdressers car doesnt know what they're talking about, its a fine handling fwd car, and very handsome too.

If youre looking for performance as a priority why not try a dc2 integra typeR, or if your budget is close to 22k the newer an much better looking dc5 integra, both superior cars to the celica in the go stakes.

MPG on all the above cars will be good under normal driving conditions, over 30mpg.

Advertisement