Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Very quick/urgent question

Options
  • 28-09-2006 9:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭

I'm training for my first marathon. I've got my longest training distance this Sunday (16m). I just realised I should've bought by now the gels and drinks I intend to swallow in the marathon to try them out this weekend and the next. But I haven't and today is the only chance I've got to buy them (bloody work!).

I know they sell the sports drink in Nature's Way... So the question (again!, sorry!) is, where in Dubln city centre can I buy the energy gels? Thanks!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Domer

Great Outdoors just off Grafton Street sell Powerbar Power Gel in a variety of flavours.

Good Luck!!
    Domer

• Registered Users Posts: 3,550 ✭✭✭Myksyk

Boots sell Lucozade's line of carb gels, recovery drinks, power bars etc. I used them in the Dublin half and found them good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 davidhamilton

Hey Inigo,

Realise you are looking for Dublin City Centre. But I dropped out to a place in Bray today......had some strange name. All they did was running stuff. Mainly shoes had a bigger range of technical running shoes than arnotts had the gels too and a proper gait Analysis system something you just don't see in Ireland.

If I find the name I'll pm you with the details well worth going in to get your shoes.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,164 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

53 Degrees North.

It's in Carrickmines.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,550 ✭✭✭Myksyk

The place in Bray is "Amphibian King".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭inigo

Thank you all for the tips!!! Went to Boots in St Stephens Green shopping centre. Got some Lucozade Iso Powder (lemon) and 2 orange carbo gels. They're doing a 3for2 offer on all Lucozade at the moment, although I had to remind the guy at the till!! Also got some Boots carbo/cereal bar (I get cramps if I run on an empty stomach!). Tried the iso drink this morning and it wasn't bad at all, sweet alright, but not too much. Will let you know about the gels next week...

Advertisement