Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Holiday recommendation ??

Options
  • 28-09-2006 11:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 40

I'm looking a recommendation on somewhere for us to go to in January February. Two parents and a two and half year old toddler. Preference is the Mediterranean, flight time around 3 or 4 hours from Dublin. Must be child friendly with toddler activities.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭scubagit

Hi Benalmadena on Costa Del Sol is a good spot if you have young kids.
    The whole place is very child friendly with tons to keep em occupied.
    e.g. Tivoli world (theme park with mostly kids in mind. Selwo (Zoo/safari park),
    and there is also a brilliant park in Benalmadena with exellent playground and what must be thousands of ducks, chickens and rabbits all running around the place. ( by the way, the ducks are the size of swans).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭TempestSabre

Menorca can't remember the resort.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Not quite the Mediterranean, but we went to Banff/Macduff, Scotland with our 2.5 yo and she loved it. Plenty of things to do. A week was enough mind, any longer would have been a bit testing. The fact that we had our car was a plus. We were in Lanzarote with her last February and I found that there is very little for kids. Basically all there was was the beach.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Garz wrote:
    I'm looking a recommendation on somewhere for us to go to in January February. Two parents and a two and half year old toddler. Preference is the Mediterranean, flight time around 3 or 4 hours from Dublin. Must be child friendly with toddler activities.

The Canaries. No question.

You're basically flying directly south for 3 hours. If you want any kind of reasonable warmth at that time of the year, south is where you want to be.

We went to Fuertaventura this January just gone ('06) and had a really nice time. You take your chances with the weather, but shorts were the norm. If you can go outside of the school holidays (we did) you can get a really cheap break away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Jorja

I have just been to Portugal and the flight was just under 3 hours - we had a 2.5 year old with us - don't know what the weather would be like at that time of year but we had a great time and so did our daughter HTH

• Advertisement
Advertisement