Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How Airsoft Works?

• 28-09-2006 11:15am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭

Heya all,

Iv gotten a big interest in airsoft/paintball in the past year and i own my own shotgun and have fired rifles and handguns before. I'm just not up-to-date on the legality of airsoft weapons, i know the limit is less than 1 joule but what about the orange tips at the end of the gun? Do they have to be there or is not an issue anymore? Do i need an import liecense? etc

Secondly which sites are good to purchases decent, top of the range weapons & equipment?

Thirdly iv never really understood how a game of airsoft works. I know with paintball if your shot with a paintball marker you lose a life( if of course the marshall sees you :) ) but how does one lose a life or whats the objective of the game of airsoft?

Thanks guys, hopefully if it all works out we can see each other on the battlefield!

Cravez

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭[--SC(+)PE--]

Hi m8. As of the 1st of August all airsoft guns with a velocity of under 1 joule are legaly classed as toys and therefore ya dont need a license or anything. Orange tips are not needed either.
    Games are based on an "Honour system" i.e i hit you with a BB you raise your hand/gun and say out like in paintball.

As far as were 2 buy from goes theirs a long thread about that with alot of people given helpful views and advice.
    have a look see http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054978008

I myself rate the Ehobbyasia store over on ebay very highly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Hi m8. As of the 1st of August all airsoft guns with a velocity of under 1 joule are legaly classed as toys and therefore ya dont need a license or anything.

Is that the 1st of August just gone or is it until next year that they are made legal?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Irishpimpdude

Is that the 1st of August just gone or is it until next year that they are made legal?
    Yea its augest just gone,so its totally legal just make sure the gun you order is under 328fps/1 joule.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Harekin

MAke sure its 328fps with a 0.2g bb. You cant just say "328fps". And it was the 11th August, cos I was following the Criminal Justice Bill the whole way through the various stages.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 828 ✭✭✭whupass

no harekin i called them TWICE on the 1st of august and it came through on the FIRST

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭[--SC(+)PE--]

i just went by what Whupass had said on an older thread.
    He seams to know thease things.

whupass wrote:
    no harekin i called them TWICE on the 1st of august and it came through on the FIRST
    Yeah sorry, my mistake. I was correct with the 328fps with a 0.2g bb tho.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 828 ✭✭✭whupass

yeah that's right, it's more with a lighter bb and less with a heavier one (just saying that so people who don't already know will now

However if you use a lighter bb than a 0.2g most decent guns can break them, thus destroying the gun. Marui for example warns of this.

Advertisement