Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

So stupid...

• 28-09-2006 11:49am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

This probably isn't the right section for this post, but I'd like to be able to post anonymously.

Was in an internet cafe yesterday during lunch from college, logged onto one of the computers, and found the browser still open from whoever was using it last.

The window open was for an airline, and the user before me had been booking a flight. Right there on the screen infront of me were full credit card details. There wasn't even any *****'s in the credit card number. So, for better or worse, I wrote the details down.

Went home that evening, and yes, used it last night. Which in hindsight is possibly the most stupid thing I've ever done, and I completely regret it. I didn't buy anything material, didn't transfer any money to myself, never used my real details when using it. I used it to pay for a program...eh...or 3...any, I reckon the total came to about €200.

When it hit me I'd just spent €200 that wasn't ****ing mine I kinda freaked out, really wish I could go back and not have done this, it's been eating at my mind ever since. I don't need anybody telling me I was wrong and I should get what's coming...I'd just like to know a few things...

The man/woman will eventually realise there's been unauthorised transactions. She'll eventually report it to her bank (and maybe the police?). What happens then? How often are these things followed up? It was about €200...enough to get the police involved? How easy would it be to trace the credit card back to me? Should I be worried as I am?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

I'm locking this because your questions are based on a need for self-assurance as opposed to rectifying the situation. I think it's inappropriate to let you have an insight into how the system works against you if you seem to have no remorse or desire to give this money back. For all I know you could have the CC details and you are looking to see how easy or difficult it is to get caught.

If you wish to know more about this then this is the wrong forum - you should take it to the Business/Economy/Finance forum or a more suitable one on the Biz category.

I suggest you give the money back, however it is possible.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement