Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Evening Walks

Options
  • 28-09-2006 11:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22

Hi

I have recently moved into the park and with coming into the winter its much harder to go out walking in the evening especially on your own.

Christmas is coming and we would all love to slim into that little black dress for the Crimbo party so I was wondering if there is any interest firstly on boards of organising maybe one evening a week for starters to meet up and go for a short / medium walks. Not only will you get to be out in the cold and doing a bit of exercise but you get to finally meet people in your area.

I'm just trying to get a feedback on this, as i was thinking of putting a few flyers around the doors to see if there was any interest.

Your comments would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

moving to it's own thread.

Eoin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

I'd be interested in going for walks on the evenings I don't train.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Wifey

Hi I would be interested too. What times were you thinking of?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 kirsten25

I don't know, I was only seeing if there were alot of interest in the area plus a bit of company always goes well. Probably in the evening round 8ish? Give people time to get home from work? What you think? Do you think the leaflets around the doors would be a good suggestion? people can come from week to week depending on if they are free?

I'd be reluctant to stick flyers in people's doors. Maybe a notice on the board in Superquinn?

• Advertisement

I will put my Blue Peter gloves on and put up a note in Superquinn.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Plenty

The only exercise I get is from pushing my luck!;)

I'm interested

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

I'd be very interested too but cant get out until half eight except weekends. Would definitely be up for it though. Want to start ASAP!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 JKB

I would be on for it too, good way to meet people and won't be going to the gym every night..... let me know the plan !:D

Great, nice to see the numbers picking up. how about Wednesday night round 9 to begin with. I will do up a postcard to stick up in Superquinn and put it up there this evening, see if anyone else would be interested thats not on boards.
    How about meeting round the chemist down by Superquinn for around 10 to 9 and we could go walking round 9 then for an hour?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

my god it won't be an evening walk it'll be a bloody parade!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 JKB

Sounds great, only i can't make this Wednesday and maybe the one after... I'll keep an eye to see how it's going for the following one, we all keeping up date wish here ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭LMC

I'm interested. wed it is then:)

my god it won't be an evening walk it'll be a bloody parade!
    Perhaps the track could be used for circuits and keep the paths free for folk who don't want to give the impression it's a sponsored walk?

I think I'll hold off the poster in superquinn then!! See how we get on first. Anyone suggest a good route for Wednesday.

You never know, we could be the doing the marathon next year!!!!

ill be there where do we meet up

kirsten25 wrote:
    You never know, we could be the doing the marathon next year!!!!

You never know :eek:

Unfortunately I can't make it on Wednesdays as I've just started a 10 week evening class in Bray. Keep me in the loop as I still want to do the walking

Yeah well hopefully if it works out Wednesday, something could be arranged for a couple of nights during the week and you can chop and change as you want.

Yeah id be up for more than one a week anyway......How far are we planning on walking anyway? Just so im prepared.

Plenty wrote:
    Unfortunately I can't make it on Wednesdays as I've just started a 10 week evening class in Bray. Keep me in the loop as I still want to do the walking

So have Wifey and I!!!!

(French)

:D

• Advertisement

I'm doing Spanish

Hey folks

Im sorry to say but I cant make tonights walking, reasons beyond my control. Apologies again but if we could arrange another night I'd appreciate it.

Sorry again, I know its bad form as I tried to organise this one.

I cant make it either and wont be able to go on mon or wed nights doing night classes. I'd be willing to go on any other night though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 dublingirl

Would love to join in, however like others, Wed doesn't suit as I have also signed up for a 10 week course. Let me know if the day changes

How about thursday night (starting tomorrow) cos there are no night classes on that night anywhere afaik. Otherwise I'll just sit in eating Doritos watching soaps. C'mon people lets get our act together! If the lads can organise a footie match we can surely go for a walk!;)

Do any girls fancy going for a walk this tuesday or thursday evening at nine o clock? Have to start walking this week or I never will!

• Registered Users Posts: 25 EllieD

I'd certainly be up for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭neets

i'm up for it. am turning into a slug from lack of muscle tone. where do you want to meet?

How about tuesday at the roundabout near superquinn? All happy with that? If anyone does or doesn't want to go please post. Don't want to be left standing like a twat!!

See you then!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭neets

i'll be there. 9pm right?

Advertisement