Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ASP .NET acessing Profile in global.asax

Options
  • 28-09-2006 12:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm writing a web page in ASP .NET (C#). I'm using the Profile public property to store information for the user. I want to clear all of this information when the session expires. I've added a global.asax file and I've tried to put the code to clear the data in the Session_End event. However, the Profile object always seems to be null when this code is executed. It seems as though the Profile object is out of scope in the global.asax file.

It's probably a long shot but has anyone ever come accross this before? Has anyone ever tried to reset data in the Profile object?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

Not what you're looking for but if you're clearing the data everytime a session ends, perhaps Session is where you should be storing it?

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Nature Boy

Yeah I'm probably gonna have to use it. But it's not strongly typed so it'll be messy code...

Advertisement