Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

game on tv tonight - slavia prague

Options
  • 28-09-2006 12:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭

sorry, didnt see this anywhere else, but is this on any stations?
    i cant seem to find it.

havent checked skysports as yet.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

d'oh!
    :)

thanks god i have 900 channels of crap. itv4 is in there somewhere!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭Robxxx7

Its on TV3 tonight also

never mind winning, we scored!

thats enough for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

What a terrible performance. Apart from a few players, Jenas, Zokora, Chimbonda, we were disastrous. Lee was hardly in the game, Zeigler the same, Davs & Daws were not very comfortable, Mido was crap, and Keane showed glimpses of what might have been but just didn't perform. Nice goal though, and I was glad to see him get a second, even if it was disallowed.

What a miss by Mido at the end though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Running Bing

Zieglar and murphy should never see a white shirt again imo. They just dont have the quality. Lee was very poor but I think this was because of his eagerness to impress. everytime he got the ball instead of playing the simple obvious pass or just clearing he was trying to run with it or beat players and he lost the ball a lot. I still think he has a place in the squad though. Jenas spread himself about well and worked very hard but his end product was dreadful and I dont think he had a huge impact. Mido and keane were both dreadful though, hopefully the goal will do keane some good. I thought Davenport and Dawdon did ok, slightly jittery. As for the positives I thought Chimbo was excellent and Ghaly impressed me hugely we were a different team after he came on, he has to get more chances. As for Zokora, well hes just class, motm without a doubt for me. Jol needs to play hudd or gahly alongside him to let him attack more. He could be a huge threat going forward.What do people think of the following midfield?

Tainio/Davids Hudd Zokora Ghaly

Ive never seen jj play on the left but maybe he could fit in there as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭eoinf

Theres something seriously wrong with the spurs team at the moment. Individually they are all pretty good players but they just dont seem to gel together on the pitch . Its as if they aren't fimiliar with each others style of play. Too many times last night (and i recent games) the ball has been crossed/passed to a place where there is no white shirt to be seen . Regularly balls were crossed too deep or too short . What do these guys do on a training pitch? Robbie is hardly the tallest of blokes so why is the high ball constantly been aimed at him & in contrast mido is not the best with the ball at his feet so why do they persist in trying to pick him out with the low ball. Balls were been kicked 40-50 yards just to roll out of play . Its as if they cant seem to judge each others runs . Last year we seemd to be able to break from our own half with numbers and pace. this year we dont seem to wwant to do that despite having a few players that are good at running and beating players (Zakora Jenas Robbie Assou-Ekotto). If and when those players do seem to break the other players dont seem to support them and we just end up losing the ball.
    They are very frustrating to watch when you know the potential the team has. october fixture wise looks like an ok month maybe we can get things back on tracks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 chalky76

People need reminding of a few facts....Major players are missing through injury(take 3 or 4 components out of a rifle & see how effective it is) causing players to play out of position or as in the case of Mido playing 90mins when his lack of games(remember he missed the latter part of 05/06) means he needs gradual intruducing back into the action,playing up front when not fit 9 times out of 10 will allways end in tears,he really isnt doing himself justice at the mo due to unforeseen circumstances & we all know he"s better than that,the fact that he has no service coming in from wide positions (ie,the bye line,not 50yd diagonal boot from a centre half!) doesnt help either...Murphy not good enough for Spurs but good enough to win 5 trophys in 1 season at Anfield....??He"s the opposite of Mido,he needs consistent starts to get his confidence & range of passing back....Huddlestone would be my prefered ball player in the middle however but Murphy does as the history books show have ability & a winners track record.......Jenas no end product??I personally thought he had a good game & his corners caused panic in the Czech"s box,i dont think he could of offered us any more & 2 or 3 bursts of pace down the right in the first half were stunning.......Anyway thats my 2p"s worth,i just ask that people look deeper than the present & look at the long term picture.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Running Bing

Im not moaning or groaning im just giving my opinion on the players last night. Murphy was good enough to win 5 trophys 6 years ago with a team which, lets face it, punched well above its weight. Hes mediocre at best now and thats not the sort of player we need to break into the top four. He wouldnt get anywhere near the chelsea, manu, arsenal or liverpool team. As for jenas like I said he did make some good runs but did he create one decent chance from any of them? I like Jenas as a player though and think he definately adds to the squad so Im not complainign about him, but I stand by my opinion that his end product was poor last night and when Ghaly came on we were a different team.Also I think my nanny could have cause panic in the czechs box last night from corners:D

Its all very well asking people to look at the long term but you have to be realistic. We are not playing well. Competeing in europe now we should have a bigger squad than ever and the fact that after a couple of injuries we cope so badly is a cause for concern. If Slavia had of been anyway decent last night we would have been in trouble.

Few pics from last night (well one from the game, a few from the boozer...)

Paxton...give us a song

DSC00013.jpg

Dublin Spur(right) with our mate Steve

DSC00015.jpg

Dublin Spur(again) after a few Magners

DSC00016.jpg

• Advertisement

whos yer new girlfriend?

ahahahahahahahah

we must get toegether at some stage when youre over soon. should be able to get up to london to meet up for pints.

if yis fancy staying over on a saurday night or something, im sure we can make space on the living room floor for a few lads :)

whos yer new girlfriend?

ahahahahahahahah

Last night in the Coach and Horses post-game, Steve says to me "what's the bird over there wearing?"

"Which one?" I asked.

"That one in the blue"

"That's no bird, thats a bloke"

Cue Steve and Shane telling me its definitely a bird, long hair, womanly shoulders (;) ) so I let it go cos I can't be ar*ed. 5 minutes later, Shane's on his way to the bar but only gets halfway before turning and roaring "its a bloke! he's got a beard and everything!"

I told you the hands were a dead giveaway...:D

we must get toegether at some stage when youre over soon. should be able to get up to london to meet up for pints.

Definitely.

I'm over for Pompey, but a bit pushed for time. After that its Chelsea in November, and I can get you a ticket for that if you want (Dublin Spur ain't going) or Wigan at the end of November (and we should be staying over for that).

As for the game last night...

Shambolic performance, highlight of the night was the score updates from the West Ham game in Palermo on the big screen,and thats saying something. :( Confidence is definitely down at the moment, King/Berbatov/Lennon/Malbranqu cannot come back in too quickly IMO. Zokora looks like a class act, but he's being bacdly let down by the midfield around him. Murphy had a decent game, but he needs a consistent run in the side. Neither Keane nor Mido are showing the desire to get on the end of balls from the middle, so there's little threat to the opposition goals.

I couldn't even get out of my seat to celebrate Keane's goal we were that poor.

Advertisement