Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bus from Crumlin to Belfield area?

Options
  • 28-09-2006 12:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭

I suppose this would be the best place to ask this. Is there a proper map of bus routes in Dublin.

Failing that, what would be the best/quickest method of getting from Crumlin to the Belfield area.

Cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

If you can get to the KCR easily enough, the 17 takes you straight into Belfield.
    I'm not sure if any other routes are as convenient.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

17 arrives every two years though.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Guy Incognito

Someone recommended the 18 or 18A, what's that like?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

i dont think the 18 goes to belfield, goes up near landsdowne i know. you could get it to ranelagh and get a bus from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Vorsprung

18 does now go to Belfield, but goes via Sandymount, bit of a scenic route!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Depending on what time of day you want to travel, the 17 can be quite a good service.
    http://www.dublinbus.ie/your_journey/viewer.asp?route=18
    and
    http://www.dublinbus.ie/your_journey/viewer.asp?route=18

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Guy Incognito

Thanks everyone. That was really helpful.

Find it hard to work out the bus routes and ones that are the quickest. Seems like you have to know half the streets in Dublin to know where you're going.

Anyway, this was for a workmate. He's not in yet, hope he's not lost!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 538 ✭✭✭SickCert

Most 18s go to belfield then onto the garage, keep in mind it crosses the dart line twice and hunts traffic, allow time.

Advertisement