Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Growing Hair

• 28-09-2006 1:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 515 ✭✭✭

Hi when I was a young boy I had this really long curly hair that would go the down the entire length of my back when washed. then one day my father brought me to a barbers and I left there with a short back and sides, nearly ever since I have wanted to grow It long again.
    The only problem is that every time I try it gets so messy looking after a month or two that I capitulate to peer pressure and get it cut.
    Does anyone have any advice on how to grow my hair out with as little mess as possable.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

just grow it long and stop listening to what other people think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Everyone with curly hair will go through months of messy hair followed by a period of microphone-head, it's just part of the deal. Stick with it though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 515 ✭✭✭daithimac

I'm gonna stick it out but all I can say is thank god for trucker hats

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

What you could do like I do.. but mines not long... just get it cut every so often and not too much off it it will take long but it will be less messy!

Or you could stick it out like I had before its annoying though lol

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭NoDayBut2Day

That "in-between" stage is hard. It will be messy, but sticking it out is really the only thing to do about it... and covering it up by hats, of course... ^_^

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Adam:)

While you're growing it long, every few weeks go to a barbers/ unisex hairdressers and ask them to "thin it out". They'll know what you mean. Basically they get a special zig zagged scissors and takes out the volume so it won't look messy. I had the exact same problem with you and got pissed off bigtime every few weeks because I'd say to myself I wouldn't cut it, then I'd go and get it cut and then wish I hadn't. Very annoying! Just tell the hairdresser that you're growing your hairlong and you don't want to look like a messy hippy. I usually try to find a female hairdresser because so far they know more about hair then the male barbers do. Hopes this helps. And don't listen to your mates-they're probably just jealous you're doing something different!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 515 ✭✭✭daithimac

cheers for that. I have myself a few hats got and that barbers advice is really helpful

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭Zapho

You just have to stick it out! Its gonna look silly for about 4-6 months but its worth it in the end....Well, at the end of the day its just bloody hair like.

Advertisement