Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U.S.A. minor pro league offer to Superleague teams

Options
  • 28-09-2006 1:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Posted now at Eurobasket,s (www.eurobasket.com) Ireland page is an offer from The I.B.L. (International Basketball League) www.IBLhoopsOnline.com
    to European Teams (Ireland,s Superleagues Teams (M) included) to take a look at what can be on offer in terms of the benefits to Basketball here in Ireland.
    If the readers here at Boards.ie can take a look at the EUROBASKET article
    and give some objective perspectives on the offer I,d really appreciate it.

Patrick Maher.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭phil

The on-road schedule is obviously done to stop hectic flight schedules and suits in one way, but it's going to be hard for an Irish team to be competitive in that league with that schedule I reckon.

Also, the SuperLeague is semi-pro and that schedule doesn't suit non-pro players IMHO.

Are any other foreign semi-pro teams playing in the league? Or any other foreign teams at all?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Just have to backup what Phil has already said......at least half the players on most teams are either working full time or are in full time college so getting away for that length of time would be diggicult and the cost would be a big factor too.

Can't see it working while the league is semi-pro and tbh, I doubt it'll ever be fully pro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 basketball jone

After reading the article, I must admit it seems like an intrigueing opportunity.
    I think a lot of players here would love the opportunity to play in the states for a couple of weeks in the summer.
    Rather than an individual club taking it on, I think it would be a chance to send a select team.
    Hold trials etc. for guys that are interested and able to get that kind of time off work.
    With regard to sponsorship, I don't think it would be a problem. Im pretty sure there are plenty of Irish americans out there willing to help an Irish team tour the states (similar to the National teams tours in the 80's and 90's).

Advertisement