Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Postbox

Options
  • 28-09-2006 2:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,942 ✭✭✭✭

just got this from An Post

"I can confirm that we requisitioned a Collection Box for Charlesland last May, we are due to receive this box late October and will have it installed as soon as possible (within 2 weeks) of receipt."

so now we know it takes 6 months to make a postbox, but better late than never.

According to the papers today Dublin Bus have been given approval to buy extra buses, so we might get our bus service eventually too.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,942 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

another seven months later, the postbox has arrived. Its on the footpath opposite the coffee shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭MegFi

where is it? what are you talking about?

MegFi wrote:
    where is it? what are you talking about?

postbox... y'know - big green thing you post letters into.

An Post were asked to provide one for Charlesland over a year ago. Now they've finally got round to doing it - its on the footpath opposite Superquinn.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭FirstIn

Like MegFly I am also confused, why would you want your postbox outside Superquinn and how has your post arrived till now?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭MuffinsDa

FirstIn wrote:
    Like MegFly I am also confused, why would you want your postbox outside Superquinn and how has your post arrived till now?

oh dear...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

This is for sending post, not receiving it!

Still though, it's not much use if you still have to go to the village to buy stamps!

you can order stamps online

you can also buy books of stamps from the post office so you don't have to go back every time you have something to send.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

pity its not an ATM machine

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

Can you not buy books of stamps in Superquinn?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭NarkyBoots

Jesus don't start me on that question! Me and other half went into Superquinn to try and buy stamps before. This is the EXACT transcript of the conversation:

Me: Do you sell stamps?
    Her: Stamps?
    Me: Yes, stamps - do you sell them?
    Her: Postage stamps?
    Me: Yes, postage stamps
    Her: <blank look>
    Me: Do you sell them?
    Her: Do we sell postage stamps?
    Me: Yes, do you?
    Her: No

• Advertisement
Advertisement