Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Re-Sale value of Minis

Options
  • 28-09-2006 2:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭fletch

Short answer...yes they hold their value excellently.....take a look on carzone/cbg/autotrader, they're a very desirable little car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Baby4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

a friend got a 03 mini one for 17k in Maxwells, I'd say that's good at holding it's value....

• Registered Users Posts: 51,240 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

The Mini holds it's value really well. It is aimed at a niche market so it remains popular.

The models to go for are the Cooper and Cooper S. The Mini One is the basic model and alot of them don't even come with alloy wheels which really makes the car look plain imo.

If you are going for the Mini One try and find one with the highest spec possible. They look well with the big alloy wheels, white roof and wing mirrors. Also if you can find one with the Salt or Pepper pack and leather. These features will make it alot more desirable when the time comes to sell. Try and stick to the mainstream metalic or gloss colours too, dark green, red, black or navy, etc. Dull or weird colours are hard to sell on.

The Mini in general has a long options list (another BMW treat?) so there are plenty of unique combinations out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,256 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Baby4 wrote:

Could just be because there are loads out there, some people like to trade up every couple of years, or the lack of rear space doesn't suit the owner for too long.

They have a good re-sale value, but personally I wouldn't buy new again. Unless there is a very specific trim level you are looking for, you may as well save a few grand and get one 2nd hand. If you get one from a BMW dealer, then you'll probably still get a manufacturer warranty.

Here's a good review:
    http://www.parkers.co.uk/choosing/carreviews/review.aspx?model_id=1116

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

ye Cooper S is the one to get, although expensive and are harder to shift because of the power for insurance etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

I was over in Frank Keanes today Mini Showroom and they have a few red & black Cooper S's. I'd love one of them.

Advertisement