Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Computer Desk

Options
  • 28-09-2006 3:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭

Anyone know where you can get a cheap and cheerful computer desk? Want one just for a kids playroom.

Any tips appreciated.:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Argos have a number of different options I believe, some nice hideaway workstations. Starting from 73.99 eurons.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,767 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

what part of the world are you in?

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Builderwoman!

Hi Trilla, I'm in Co Kildare. I see you have Carlow/Dublin. I'm from County Carlow and in Dublin a lot too. Thanks for Argos suggestion Ruu but even want to spend less than that if I can. Broke! Just moved into a new house! Keep the suggestions coming folks. Ta!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Ah right, understood. I just had a look through the adverts page and someone had one to give away, think its gone now but keep an eye on it. There are often people trying to get rid of office furniture for nothing. To get there go to adverts.ie->For Sale Adverts->Free Stuff, you might be lucky, or even post in the Wanted ads and you could get one for cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

try here, you might find one

http://www.dublinwaste.ie/free_trade.php

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

Lex Luthor wrote:
    try here, you might find one

http://www.dublinwaste.ie/free_trade.php

Who would want to furnish a new house with someone's junk furniture?
    Jaysus, there are really some weirdos around!!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭squire1

there are really some weirdos around!!:eek:

Ya got that right:rolleyes:

Builderwoman, PC World are opening in Naas today and are doing computer desks for €39.99 all weekend. Not sure how good they are but might be worth a look at that price.

Jaysus, there are really some weirdos around!!:eek:
    you never know...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭Noelie

I have one my dad wants rid of, it's fully assembled so you would need a van to collect it, yours for 50 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

Noelie wrote:
    I have one my dad wants rid of, it's fully assembled so you would need a van to collect it, yours for 50 euro.

If you want something really cheap and cheerful, buy a sheet of MDF and paint it. Plonk it down on some made up legs/ wooden boxes etc, you get the idea.

If you were really adventerous you could get your kids to paint it...

L.

• Advertisement

Many years ago, I worked in a place that had desks made of old doors on (old) dexian frames... can't get much cheaper that that :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Builderwoman!

Thanks all. Thanks Lex for your suggestion, a good one no doubt, but I have got rid of enough junk without taking on someone elses! I think that Squire1 you have the best suggestion. Off to PC World to take a look. Many thanks everyone.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Try Jumbletown.ie also. FWIW, you'd be surprised what some people want to get rid of. I got my hands on a Denon amp from Jumbletown, with 5 speakers for nothing, even though it was an expensive amp and worth a few hundred euro second hand!

I think PC World only have limited numbers of their special offers all weekend, so you better get their early

Advertisement