Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Browning B525 - suitability for clays?

Options
  • 28-09-2006 3:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭

The B525 is good for game but what about clays? Would I need a heavier gun to absorb the recoil? I am moving up from a single barrel Baikel which weighs a ton.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Hezz700

The B525 is good for game but what about clays? Would I need a heavier gun to absorb the recoil? I am moving up from a single barrel Baikel which weighs a ton.

Hi SP,

If you've got your heart set on a B525 get one in Sporting configuration with 30" barrells it will weigh in about 7 3/4lbs. you'll be able to shoot it all day with no real fatigue. Also it will do nicely in the pigeon hide and on the odd game outing.

Hezz:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭.243

as far as im aware the 525 is a sporter youll kinda know yourself after a 100 bird clay shoot weather it is or not but shotguns are a whole different ball game in fitting than rifles are,its more of a personal preference,if you can shoot and shoot it well and doesnt tire you out then stick to it and dont believe anyone elses opinions.gun fitting is for those who know about it not the ones that say "sure your not hitting them it must be the gun"what works for one person rarly works for the second

Advertisement