Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

roll up roll up, the great FF cover up!

Options
  • 28-09-2006 3:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭

seeing as berties getting a roasting in the media everyone theres taking their eyes off the ball in terms of scandals being suddenly released now at this very oppertune time. cant help thinking about that girl in the labour party who sait sept 11 was a good time "to leak bad news"

so far the thornton hall report which shows massive amounts of taxpayers money is wasted there, the dublin bus privitisation finally being sorted (on the same day bertie needs macdowel to STFU), the leas cross investigations being scrapped and micheal collins TD tax evasion charges being let go have already been swept aside by bertiegate. so i wanted to set up this thread where people could post slyly released announcements that were all meant to miss caus berties hogging the headlines.

have fun :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭samb

Don't know of anything...Bertie bashing is much more fun;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

the report on how we are going to deal with A&E/hospitals over the winter came out the other day...

has everyone seen this ratemyhospital.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

the report on how we are going to deal with A&E/hospitals over the winter came out the other day...

has everyone seen this www.ratemyhospital.ie

oh and apparently the gov has rejected going nuclear

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

has everyone seen this www.ratemyhospital.ie

oh and apparently the gov has rejected going nuclear

i was never in favor of conventional nuclear but its ironic todays the day the Chinese are saying theyve done a sucessful test on a fusion reactor (course it was in herald AM so christ knows how reliable that is :D )

oh forgot the celtic helicopters thing in my first post. another haughey not paying taxes, tut tut

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Millionaire earners escape income tax net

SOME of the country’s super-rich, with incomes of €1 million a year, are not paying a single cent in income tax, according to figures from the Revenue Commissioners.

http://www.examiner.ie/irishexaminer/pages/story.aspx-qqqg=ireland-qqqm=ireland-qqqa=ireland-qqqid=14649-qqqx=1.asp

Makes you wonder if any of this lot are "friends" of Ahern eh ......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

gandalf wrote:
    last time I checked those people amounted to less than ten.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

oooh new one. not reallya scandal more an interesting development. it looks like the property markets gonna crash. ok i know your thinking "yeah Ive been hearing that since 98!" but, and I'm open to correction here on the journalist not the facts, david macwilliams did a bit in the papers saying 13% of all houses in the country are lying idle. property isnt shifting at all and auctions houses cant get properties to get guide forcing the price of houses to drop.

now macwilliams being going on about the property bubble for ages , and i do agree it a bubble, im just not sure when it'll burst. but an interesting fact turned up today in hook and macdonald, a major property dealer and developer and frank gunne, the head guy in gunnes auctioneers , both flogging their own personal investment properties in ailesbury road and other areas of the country.
    people have called time on the property market before but this is the first time ive seen the property professionals sell up . something i don't think they'd do if there wasn't real concerns here. could be trouble ahead, "soft landing" or not it looks like the jigs up for the property game and its static prices or guaranteed losses from now on

Advertisement