Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2 fellow boardsers racing in Formula Vee...

• 28-09-2006 3:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭

I dont know whether this is known, but We (Me, Beekay , our pops, and Mammy!) ran 2 Boards.ie users in the Irish Formula Vee championship this year. I have kept quiet until now.
    Indeed, Boards.ie is how they found me..:)
    We met up at the start of the year, discussed what we wanted to do, organised THE DEAL :D and went racing.
    At the time I said that I expected one of them to win the C championship (for newcomers, there were 13 of them) and they laughed, really they did. I knew how quick the cars were, having raced them in 04 and 05 respectively, I was being serious.
    And... one of them did win it (Dan), and the other driver (Roy) finished a comfortable third.
    They each had a fairly slow start to the season, indeed , Roy didnt compete in rounds 2 and 3 due to exams. Dan DNF round 3 after a trip to the gravel in Mondello. But then Dan reeled off 4 class wins in a row followed by 3 2nds, to clinch the title by a point. Roy took 3 3rd places and a fourth in mid season to seal 3rd in the championship for him.
    Im hoping they contribute to this thread, maybe even put up some pics of their season (which I know they have). Come on lads, show the nice people ....:D :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Xmorpheus

car numbers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Kersh

21 and 22, both black Leastones.

Ahhh the "Enya" cars - yeah I noticed them - fairly nippy! :)

Thats them, I take it you were at a few races.

one or two, one or two...... :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭Scober11

Kersh

She's the one waving them damn oil flags every time the vee's go out:D :D unlike our super dupper ff1600's which only leave bits of wheels, roll hoops, suspension etc lying around the track:D

Oh... :D:D . I think dropping oil has become a tactic in Vees :D . None of mine ever did :eek: :p

Scober11 wrote:
    Kersh

She's the one waving them damn oil flags every time the vee's go out:D :D unlike our super dupper ff1600's which only leave bits of wheels, roll hoops, suspension etc lying around the track:D

Er excuse me - I do not wave oil flags!!!!!! :p Oil flags are never waved!

I am however, the queen of the "Curse of the blue flag" where vees are concerned.

Every time I blue flag a vee at Colonial, they get all flustered and drive into the run off :D

Advertisement