Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Carwashes and spoilers etc..

Options
  • 28-09-2006 5:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭

Hey,

I live in apartment block, and have an underground parking space. As a result, I don't really have the means to handwash my car. I usually wait till I visit my folks some weekend and do it there.

The car park is very dusty, and there's a few cats who like to walk and sleep on my car, so it gets a bit manky after a while.

Are petrol station carwashes safe if you have a spoiler on the back? It's not a very big one, just a couple of inches off the boot. I seem to recall reading somewhere that it was advisable not to go through a carwash with a spoiler.

Cheers,

K.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,256 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Hey,

I live in apartment block, and have an underground parking space. As a result, I don't really have the means to handwash my car. I usually wait till I visit my folks some weekend and do it there.

The car park is very dusty, and there's a few cats who like to walk and sleep on my car, so it gets a bit manky after a while.

Are petrol station carwashes safe if you have a spoiler on the back? It's not a very big one, just a couple of inches off the boot. I seem to recall reading somewhere that it was advisable not to go through a carwash with a spoiler.

Cheers,

K.

The machine washes are not generally advisable for any car as they can easily damage the paint work. Even after having my last car profesionally valeted & waxed etc I could see the swirls over the paint work.

Just find a station with one of the power hose type washes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

'nuff said!

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

A lot of carwashes are reluctant to let large spoilers/trim through as they have had previous complaints from customers. A carwash in Swords used to have a sign "NO MITSIBUSHI EVOs"

I saw a muppet break a carwash by going through in a pickup. The owner (of the carwash) went bananas!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I've seen that before. Big pickup (mitsubishi L200 or something like that) with huge stainless steel toolbox thingy in the back going through a brush wash machine with signs saying NO PICKUPS... *clunk*

• Registered Users Posts: 22,289 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Try the car wash in Omni, Santry.

Not your ornery onager

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

esel wrote:
    Try the car wash in Omni, Santry.
    It's not as good as it used to be - maybe the cloth strips have worn or something and the dryer has always been cráp, probably because it only goes over the car once.

In saying that, the cloth strips are much better than a standard rotary brush wash.

Advertisement