Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

looking for spayed female guinea pig

Options
  • 28-09-2006 5:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hiya, i am looking for a spayed female guinea pig, any age, will provide loving home, allready have a neutered male. Would love the company. Live in Cork city. Would be grateful for any help. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Hi, female guinea pigs should never be spayed unless there is a medical reason. Spaying guinea pigs is a very dangerous operation, males are different as the procedure is much shorter. So a regular female guinea pig will live happily with your neutered male, in fact if he seems a bit pushy 2 females is sometimes better but one should get one well with him anyway. Introduce on neutral territory and have hidey places and plenty of food and they should live in harmony no problem.

Contact clare animal welfare and also Uke on this board (jirdrescue) as far as I know they both have guinea pigs looking for good homes.

You neutered male will be delighted to have another piggy to cuddle up to.

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭hadook

I go by hadook on here :)

I have several female piggies looking for homes & a waiting list of more to come in. If you're still looking for a piggie send me a pm & I can send you some pics.

Advertisement