Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Student Loan Advice Needed

Options
  • 28-09-2006 6:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭

I've recently discovered that I'm going to have to repeat the second year of my degree, and as I don't have the €6000 necessary to pay for it, I'll need to take out a loan to cover the cost (I may also borrow some more to cover living expenses, given that I now don't plan on working alongside college for the year). I'm wondering if anyone has any advice on which bank has the best deals for student loans, and generally any advice on taking out a loan as a student?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Enright

get a loan from your local credit union, a lot of them offer special student rates for 3rd level students and apprenticships. Given your lack of income they will probably request that a guarantor co sign the loan. They may allow you to just pay interest all year with the option of re payingthe principle over the summer when hopefully you will get some form of summer work.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

How likely is a crediet union to offer u a loan if you're a new member with no savings record?

Advertisement