Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A-Levels

Options
  • 28-09-2006 8:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭

Can soomeone give me a guide as to how A-level results are measured in comparison to the leaving cert, in other words what is the A level equivalent of a D3 on an honours paper and so on.

I believe their marks go from A to E with U being a fail, what's the Irish equivalent of an E?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

I read that an A (A Level) is worth 125 CAO Points, so it would be logical to assume that an A in Ireland is the equivalent to ~ B in the A Levels.

I asked a UCAS representative at Higher Options how they compare and he said that the individual colleges assess and compare the international applications individually to allow for the substancial differences between the two systems.

Advertisement