Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dya ever....

• 28-09-2006 9:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭

... just steal your favourite car or motorbike and just go for a ride.

I can't say i've done anything like this in any other game (probably because the options not available), but in GTA:SA sometimes I might just load it up (on the PC) to play my tracklist, or listen to the excellent radio stations and just take a drive around the world. I usually prefer a motorbike as its easier to dodge traffic, and drive around for looking for places i've missed and just admiring how well designed the world is, the desert area particularly is amazing.

Anyone else do this?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

I do, but I get sidetracked and people start getting dead. :p

Cruising in the Hydra is cool aswell, and finding cool stuff to parachute onto.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

with a banshee it is best :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,306 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Sometimes I try to get to a certain place, with a certain vehicle. Example: get to the airport with 4 stars from the garage, and then try to get it faster.

Tendency to kill blow up car by shooting the fuel tanks, and then geting away from the cops.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

i used to just drive around listening to the radio stations alright. usually in a bus or taxi or something, because it's slower and you don't get cought up in the persuit of murder ;)

am i the only one who drove around vice city doing the bus rounds (for $5 per passenger) ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭DarthWraak

GTA Vice City was the best game to do this in. Just grab a Infernus, turn on a poping ace 80's songs station, and cruise down by ocean beach at sun rise. This reminds me how genious GTA is. Its not all about the killing you know :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

There's nothing like burning down Ocean Beach on a PCJ600 as the sun comes up/goes down:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

I do do this, but I do it whilst getting a chase from the police. Its very relaxing I must say:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

DarthWraak wrote:
    GTA Vice City was the best game to do this in. Just grab a Infernus, turn on a poping ace 80's songs station, and cruise down by ocean beach at sun rise. This reminds me how genious GTA is. Its not all about the killing you know :eek:

Yep, nothing like it and if you feel like it, just run over a few people or my person favourite is to slam into someone on a bike sitting at a stoplight. Just see them fly. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

L31mr0d wrote:
    ... just steal your favourite car or motorbike and just go for a ride.

I can't say i've done anything like this in any other game (probably because the options not available), but in GTA:SA sometimes I might just load it up (on the PC) to play my tracklist, or listen to the excellent radio stations and just take a drive around the world. I usually prefer a motorbike as its easier to dodge traffic, and drive around for looking for places i've missed and just admiring how well designed the world is, the desert area particularly is amazing.

Anyone else do this?

Yup i love doing this. I like to get a fast car and burn around the circle road in LV or just burn around on some of the long desert road :)
    DarthWraak wrote:

Yup that was classic alright. i really loved all the music they had VC. i'm not really liking most of the music/radio in SA though.
    Ruu wrote:
    Yep, nothing like it and if you feel like it, just run over a few people or my person favourite is to slam into someone on a bike sitting at a stoplight. Just see them fly. :)

Yup i love doing this too. Like yourself i just love seeing them flying in the air after u lashing into them :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Personal fav is getting on top of a taxi with an M4 and randomly shooting people and things.

Taxi drivers have interesting lives, worth checking out :D

kdjac

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,306 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Pick up a hooker. Do some extreme stunts. Get ****ed. Let her out, shoot her, get her cash, and continue on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

I wish I still had it installed now.
    I always get a nice bike though, cars don't last nearly as long unless I'm willing to be boringly-careful with them.
    I liked taking the monster truck out for a ride in the country, but the fkin thing is too easy to flip over and get stuck upsidedown.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭joeblogg1

Yep
    Like some of the others I too get sidetracked

Just recently became a pilot in the game and now have gone to the airport in Las Venturas (Vegas) on a motorbike

Picked up 3 stars on the way to the airport so helicopter after me.
    Arrive at the airport fully armed to the teeth with rocket launcher etc etc etc

Get inside airport compound and shoot down chasing helicopter (or two)
    Keeping a safe distance from the gate shoot all cops as they appear and blow up SWAT trucks.

Eventually with lots of dead cops around I now get to 6 STARS wanted rating

Army tanks arrive at this stage but again as with the cops they dont come into the airport compound

Get into a plane and take off only to be chased by 2 fighter jets
    They commence launching of heat seeking missiles at my plane which I can hear approaching and eventually they blow me out of the sky

How Cool is that for a great way to go !!!!!!:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭joeblogg1

i used to just drive around listening to the radio stations alright. usually in a bus or taxi or something, because it's slower and you don't get cought up in the persuit of murder ;)

am i the only one who drove around vice city doing the bus rounds (for $5 per passenger) ?

Youll be a long time getting rich at $5 per passenger !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

joeblogg1 wrote:
    Youll be a long time getting rich at $5 per passenger !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ah but by the time you're busing around, you should be already rich :D

Advertisement