Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bluetooth GPS Receiver.. Recommendations?

• 28-09-2006 10:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭

I have a Nokia E61. Considering getting Tom Tom package and was wondering if anyone can recommend a good BT GPS receiver? Compatible with E61 primarily but also Palm & windows CE devices.. basically looking for a solid all rounder.
    Cheers.
    Q.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭mkennedy

quintron wrote:
    I have a Nokia E61. Considering getting Tom Tom package and was wondering if anyone can recommend a good BT GPS receiver? Compatible with E61 primarily but also Palm & windows CE devices.. basically looking for a solid all rounder.
    Cheers.
    Q.

i have the holux 236 gpslim bluetooth receiver.
    this is a sirfstar III receiver ie it has the latest gps technology in it.

what i like about it:

very light and portable.

relatively inexpensive: about €90 on ebay.

hardly ever loses its fix because of the sirfstar III technology (i mostly use it in moderately built up areas however so i can't comment on urban canyons ie in high-rise environments but i'm sure it would still perform well there).

comes with a car charger so you'll never be without it in the car.

has good battery life.

overall i would recommend it especially when i compare it to my last non-sirfstar III receiver.

btw if your living in ireland i wouldn't recommend tomtom atm because their irish coverage isn't complete yet (teleatlas data). i heard some talk about them completing their coverage next year but in the meantime i'd recommend satnav software based on navtech data which has complete coverage now. satnav packages with navtech data include mapopolis, aa navigator, destinator, and probably the next version of copilot afaik so you might want to check those out.

edit: if you post your query to the gadgets forum you might get some more good suggestions.
    they seem to discuss gps/satnav a lot over there as well.
    hth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭quintron

Cheers for your helpful suggestions m!
    I'll head over to gadget forum and have a root around.
    Q.

Advertisement