Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

martin amis criticises booker prize

Options
  • 28-09-2006 10:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭

i heard on the news headlines something about this but didn't catch the whole story. does anyone know what he said?

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

Didn't hear that and couldn't find a link. Here is a good overview of his life and works:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martin_Amis

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭fasterkitten

i'm familiar with his life and works thanks, that's why i'm interested to know what he said about the booker prize.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭Sgt. Sensible

Martin Amis once claimed that no one could possibly write a good novel unless they'd done a degree in english literature beforehand. The man's a charlatan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭bowsie casey

Some of his (earlier) books are fantastic though:
    The Rachel Papers is one of the funniest books I have ever read.
    The Information is a great, witty read.
    Would recommend both of them to anyone.

I have been disappointed by the latest book though: Time's Arrow, Night Train and (especially) Yellow Dog.

Advertisement