Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

''Carpetwrong''

Options
  • 28-09-2006 11:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 37

:confused: Bought carpet on the 13/8/06 in local Carpetright Store.Two weeks later my carpet arrived the stairs and landing were perfect BUT the sitting room was cut to short. Two weeks later they returned with new carpet it was cut short also. When I went to the store to see what they had to said. I was told:confused: it would be another three weeks because the company was out of my carpet. After a long battle and several phone calls to their consumer helpline in England they admited I was entitled to a full refund. This will take 10 working days to proccess.

My question is;
    Would they be entitled to come and lift stairs carpet or can we leave it where it is?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭egan007

They are probably entitled to take it up if you are not paying for it but probably won't go to the bother as it's cut to your spec anyway.

The worrying thing is i have carpetright in swords putting in 3 rooms for me next week :o

Which branch was it?

I better ring and confirm all measurements!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 tapjlk6

It was Longford. Was expecting my refund next Tuesday( that was the 10 working days) Rang help line in England this morning to enquire about my refund. They have no paper work at all, so I don't know where I stand now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

did you get the name of the person that told you that you will get a refund in 10 days.if you did then just call him.or why not just wait the 3 weeks and get what you want.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 tapjlk6

At the moment trying to work with two different people. Woman in costumer relations is very good but tells me I have to go back to store. Manager in store is not very efficient. As it stands it will be mid October before i get any results

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭mcaul

If you go to a local carpet retailer that has been in your area for a few years, I can guarantee you'll will get a better carpet at a better price and fitted far better.

2 on southside Dublin that I would highly reccommend are Allied carpets in Robinhood Ind. Est D. 12 (used to be on Pearse street for 30+ years) & Myles Quirke in Stillorgan (beside DID)

• Advertisement
Advertisement