Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

C programming book

Options
  • 28-09-2006 11:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭

I'm in engineering and am looking for a decent C book to revise and get me going on C before the second semester, any recommendations?

Comments

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

well we were recomended to get c programming by paul kelly, but i cant find it anywhere!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭djmarkus

Dont get that book, its a pile of ****e.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 583 ✭✭✭monkey tennis

You could get the classic K&R, or have a look at whatever Sams or O'Reilly are offering these days. To be honest, you could learn all you need about C with a bit of googling anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

well we were recomended to get c programming by paul kelly, but i cant find it anywhere!

Hiya, I am doing IT in DIT at night and we were also recommended this book! I guess it is because the author is Irish and is/was a lecturer in DIT!

I also bought C Programming In Easy Steps which looks to be a very good starting point for somebody, like me, who doesn't know their arse from their elbow when it comes to programming!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,426 ✭✭✭ressem

If you're just revising beginners C, how about chapter 3 of
    http://www.mindview.net/Books/
    download Thinking in C++, 2nd edition, Volume 1

and do the exercises.

• Advertisement
Advertisement