Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS1/2 pads on PC

Options
  • 29-09-2006 2:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭

Anyone know a place in ireland or at least an irish website that sells those yokes that let you use your PS1/2 pad on your PC?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

You should be able to pick up PS2 to PC Controller Adapter (its USB) on eBay for a couple o' quid.

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭doubledown

I got this one

http://www.kanection.co.uk/product.php/34/1//8c6ebe2a70d18c27c1f4fa20efb9d9e8

I use it loads and it has never given any grief. Also, it supports two controllers at the same time, so you can play two player split-screen games as well as single player ones. I use it mostly for Grand Prix 4 and Toca 3.

Delivery was very quick too. Highly recommended.

Hope that helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

yeah thats the one I was lookin at alright. But I was hoping to get it in a shop or a .ie site. ah well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭gamer

i think aldi have tevlion pc, ps2 gamepads in every 4 months .THEY are a good pad for pc games,have about 12 buttons,l1,l2,r1,r2 etc.

n1 but I really love the idea of using my old playstation pads on my pc as imo they are the best joypads ever made.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Cunny-Funt wrote:
    n1 but I really love the idea of using my old playstation pads on my pc as imo they are the best joypads ever made.

:( Nintendo 64 pads are better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Here is one eBay, less than a tenner incl. shipping. :)

Sound! not bought anything from eBay before, guess theres a 1st time for everything.

Oh and Krazy, the feckin sega mega drive pads were better then a N64s.... man wtf u smokin :eek: :p

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Cunny-Funt wrote:
    ... man wtf u smokin :eek: :p

Malboro's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Game sell them for a tenner only single ones tho, play sell the dual one.

kdjac

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

I can't imagine goldeneye on any other pad;)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

cormie wrote:
    I can't imagine goldeneye on any other pad;)
    What... not even on the Wii Classic controller? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭Trode

KdjaCL wrote:
    Game sell them for a tenner only single ones tho, play sell the dual one.
    Wouldn't recommend the Game ones. I bought one and it wouldn't calibrate properly at all. It was just unuseable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Trode wrote:
    Wouldn't recommend the Game ones. I bought one and it wouldn't calibrate properly at all. It was just unuseable.

Reckon its your pad i have 2 of them and work fine with pads (pes5) and fighting sticks(sf2).

kdjac

KdjaCL wrote:
    Reckon its your pad i have 2 of them and work fine with pads (pes5) and fighting sticks(sf2).

kdjac
    The pad works fine on the actual Playstation it came with, maybe I just got a dodgy adapter.

maybe update the software/drivers?

Cunny-Funt wrote:
    maybe update the software/drivers?
    Hilariously, installing the software caused my system to crash, necessitating it be removed before Windows agreed to work again.
    Meh, I returned it and they were surprisingly good about giving me my money back, so I'm not bothered. I already had a nice PC dual-analogue pad anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭gamer

theres ps2/1. pc gamepads on sale october 12th in aldi, they are closely based on ps2 pad layout with 2 analogue conrollers,you install pc driver from a cdrom ,brand is tevlion.lokk at aldi.ie.

Advertisement