Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mo-Mo's Food Diary

Options
  • 29-09-2006 10:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 49

I've been toying with the idea of keeping a food journal for a while now and I reckon doing it here is the only way I'll stick to it. I'm not really sure what I think it will achieve. Hopefully it'll make me feel bad about eating badly and maybe see some patterns.

I am 28, female, 5 foot 5 and usually 126 pounds (it varies but that's a good average)

I'm going to start this week from memory and then post every few days, with the previous few days diet and exercise.

Monday – 25th September
    Breakfast 8:20am:
    2 slices of rye bread toasted with butter
    Snack 11:00
    2 Cars Table Water crackers (large) with 100% peanut butter (no added sugar or salt)
    Lunch 14:00
    Home made bean soup
    Dinner19:00
    Chicken Salad

Tuesday
    Breakfast 8:30
    ½ cup porridge, natural yogurt and apple
    Apple and Latte
    Home-made bean soup
    17:00
    Potato skins and dip
    Dinner 20:00
    Bulgar Wheat and tin of tuna in brine, handful of peas

Wednesday
    Breakfast 11:00
    ½ cup porridge, natural yogurt (Old McDonalds) and apple
    Lunch 15:00
    Tub of “Naked Beans”
    Snack
    Cheddar cheese on oak cakes
    Dinner
    Pasta and tomato sauce
    Snack
    4 Jaffa Cakes

Thursday
    2 slices of McCambridges Whole wheat bread and butter
    2 mandarins and a Latte
    3 Bean Salad
    Pork stir fry with noodles.

All days also included roughly 2 litres of water and a few cups of green tea.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 Mo-Mo

One week since my first post. Not the greatest start but I was in hospital for a routine procedure on Monday which left me wrecked for the next few days. Had no idea it would take that much out of me. Diet wasn't the worst all week, but I had very little energy and spent much of the week in bed.

So I'm back on track now.
    Yesterday:
    Porridge, yogurt and banana

Snack 11:30
    Handful of nuts and raisins

Naked Beans brand Curry Beans

Snack 17:00
    3 oak crackers and cottage cheese

Home-made pork curry with basmati rice - big portion, too big really, but then I always eat too big a dinner....need to control this.

One gin and tonic at about 10 O’ Clock.

Need to start getting back into exercise. I do a lot of walking in summer but haven’t been great in the last month or so.

Have bought small weights and will do some research to find arm exercises that I can do at home.

That is next week’s resolution.

Advertisement