Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

problems with photoshop - help?

Options
  • 29-09-2006 1:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭

I'm hoping that someone here can help me, I'm having a couple of problems I'll detail below. Jsut to add I'm a "fairly" seasoned photoshop user, and have tried all i can think of to takle the problems myself and post here as a last resort.

problem 1 :

using "save for web" dithers everything, inluding JPGs. I've been throught the panels with a fine tooth brucs trying to find a tick box or setting to no avail.

This started happening out of the blue. As I said above, everything gets an extreme ditering applied to it. I've been using the "normal" save as command, but maybe someone here can point me in the right direction.

problem 2 :

this is more severe. All JPGS/GIF get bad shifts in tone after saving. This is a very odd thing that happens. If I'm working on an image, save it out, and view it in any other program (browsers in my case)or print them, the colours have been altered fairly dramatically. The odd thing about this, is that if I open the image back up in PS, it looks fine. I've done side by side compaisons of the same image in photohop and explorer, the one in explorer looks off, the one in ps looks fine. ???? I've checked all colour spaces, I use sRGB mostly, and am aware of different gamuts. Again spent hours trying to find where/why this is happening to no avail.

At the risk of looking a bit dim, I hope it's something simple that someone can recomend a fix for me, but I have a funny feeling that it ma yhave to do with my profiles for some reason...not even an educated guess, jsut a guess.

I've done a partial uninstall (keeping prefernces) and it didnt seem to help. I only have the upgrade for CS and dont have the orginal PS 6 disc anymore so dont want to do a full re-install, but it may be my onnly alternative...

can anyone help?

ps. sorry for the long-winded post

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

mmm, Maybe get the tryout for CS2 and install that, see if it works. Then I guess you need to do a full reinstal of CS1 including, unfortunately, your preferences. Tho maybe you can copy the preferences back from the tryout of CS2 into CS1, just a guess tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭eas

thanks 5uspect.

think i have it fixed now - I complately uninstalled the creativ suite, then went and manually deleted all Adobe files/folders that I could find, (there's loads of bits the uninstall misses), then re-installed.

theres a days work gone. :(

Advertisement