Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Self Build Engineer visit costs

Options
  • 29-09-2006 1:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭

Can anyone who recently did a self build let me know how much their Engineer cost (the guy that did the 4 or 5 site visits)

I heard the average price was around 1200 but got a few quotes that were nearer to 2K.. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,345 ✭✭✭secman

My site visits ( 6 in all ) are costing me €1250 +vat, Wexford area, agreed in March 06.

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭squire1

I was charged per stage. I think it was €300 per visit plus Vat. So €2000 sounds about the going rate for five or six visits.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

My Second Engineer cost €750 for site supervision, the first wanted €5000+ for site supervision!
    After already parting with €7000 for basically nothing ,I felt it was too much.
    Just ring around and you may be surprised at the variance in quotes.
    People in Kenmare beware of an engineer with the surname ending in R.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Paid 1300 euro inc VAT for our engineer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭skywalker_208

Excellant thanks for the replies...

dont suppose anyone could recommend any contractors/builders in the northeast area of the country? Phone books full of em but dont want to pick randomly :) need to start getting some quotes

(1700 sq bungalow in case anyones interested)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭JimiMac

yop wrote:
    Paid 1300 euro inc VAT for our engineer
    Hi yop.
    would you mind telling what your eng did for that?
    I have been given a price of €1200 plus vat for one site visit and determining required foundations and supports for an extension (and I presume the necessary certs).
    I'm not sure whether this is a reasonable price or not (based in Dublin).
    Comparing to previous posts it doesn't appear to be?

Jim

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭smadger

dont suppose anyone could recommend any contractors/builders in the northeast area of the country? Phone books full of em but dont want to pick randomly :) need to start getting some quotes

PM'd you a guy's name

My supervising engineer wants E600, to inspect and sign off.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

JimiMac wrote:
    Hi yop.
    would you mind telling what your eng did for that?
    I have been given a price of €1200 plus vat for one site visit and determining required foundations and supports for an extension (and I presume the necessary certs).
    I'm not sure whether this is a reasonable price or not (based in Dublin).
    Comparing to previous posts it doesn't appear to be?

Jim

Jimi - He did a site survery, determined suitability of foundations, he did not do the drawings for the raft as he is not insured to do it.
    He then did about 5 site visits beside and he did up the letters for the draw downs.
    He also did up the costings for the house for the mortgage company.
    Signed off on the project.

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭Salmon

Dolanbaker,

Where abouts is that guy who is doing yer supervision for €600. I'm building near mullingar and would be v.interested in getting this fella. I presume he has insurance?

• Advertisement
Advertisement