Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone 3G Problems - Midlands

Options
  • 29-09-2006 1:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭

Anyone using Vodafone unlimited data in the midlands (Portlaoise)

For the last few days the 3G signal (usually "Good") has been dropping back to GPRS and then nothing repeatedly - all day long.

When connected, I can ping the vodafone name servers but nowhere else.

Is anyone else experiencing problems with the 3G service?

BTW I'm using the 3G card with the Linksys router, wired ethernet to the PC.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

Have you tried ringing Vodafone? There might be a problem at a cell site there, that they mightn't even know about yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Patrickof

Yeah, I've been on to vodafone. They're investigating it. I wonder could their backbone be swamped with remote users on broadband at the ploughing? THough that wouldn't affect local 3G siganl strength in Portlaoise.

Ah well, its working now at GPRs since we phoned and will hopefully be resolved shortly. Their support were thankfully quite helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

I'd say the ploughing wouldn't be it, for the reasons you mention. I've had mixed responses from their support (main support & data support) but that was back when this product came out first.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Have you tried a tracert to an ip address outside of the vodafone network?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 1,334 Mod ✭✭✭✭croo

Patrick
    did you ever get your problems resolved?
    I've just started using the 3g unlimited service. I'm in a rural location between mullingar & kinnegad but with an external antenna I can get a good 3g signal. But Like you I find that at the connection is very unstable.

I just wondered if you made an progress?

colin

• Advertisement
Advertisement