Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

13.3" Laptop display?

Options
  • 29-09-2006 2:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭

Would a 13.3" laptop screen be good enough to be using Reason with and for general music production, or do they need a bigger display.

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

It's possible but it won't be very nice when you have to edit large chunks of Midi.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭frobisher

It will work but it wouldn't the most ideal set up in the world. I persnally use 2x19" monitors, but that's because I'm a show off. If all you have is what you describe, while it won't be perfect, it's enough to get you going.

One option could be to have a monitor from the laptop vga output, that way you 'd have loads of room to see what's going on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 infamousajay

Reason is demanding on the Processor and RAM as much as it is on a display. With a screen that small it'll be a mission using it and trust me, you'll get too frustrated. Instead of buying a new laptop/computer, see if you can buy an additional monitor (LCD perhaps?) and connect it to your laptop? You can use both at the same time aswell to extend your desktop, i.e. have 2 desktops.

It doesn't really matter how big your laptop screen is as long as it meets the minimum specifications for Reason. Imagine using Windows on a screen the size of a Nokia 6230...

Advertisement