Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

will power

Options
  • 29-09-2006 2:18pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭

do you have any when it comes to buying books? I used to think I had a little but about half an hour ago I wandered into a second hand bookstore, just to have a little looksie.. taxi just dropped me home a minute ago with 9 books in my bags and 85 dollars spent. My budget for the day was 10 for the taxi's, and maybe 15 for smokes and a coffee.
    I know I probably didn't *have* to own any of these books... but I think I did well exiting when I did.

I might have to take it easy on the food, drink and smokes for a while.. but at least I'll have something to read. The fun starts when I try to decide what to read :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭Chumpski

Its always great to have loads of choice when your deciding what to read next! Sometimes im in the mood for a thriller/mystery with short chapters for easy reading on the train/bus.

Then again, sometimes its good to read a book that takes a bit of work (like the count of monte cristo, for example) but which, hopefully, is very rewarding in the end.

EDIT: But i suppose to answer your question, at times i dont either. That 3 for 2 in Waterstones and Easons, always sucks me in!

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭HemmingSay

I'm guess i'm pretty good when it comes to new books or buying online...

but i've a serious weakness for secondhand ones, just can't walk away from a secondhand bookshop empty handed. It's like a soft-hearted animal lover walking into a puppy pound, I see all these wonderful books and think i can give it a good home, and as a result I have a constant backlog of books to read - which isn't the worst complaint in the world.

Bloody annoying having to put up more shelves though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭sonic juice

To prevent spending too much molah, I usually just remind or prompt myself I can just read it in my library for free

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Heh, no will power when it comes to books. Spent E100 the other night on a whim - this is not unusual for me. They're all good books, though so I'll get good value for that money.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

well i'm paying for it now.. packing up all my **** to move back to Ireland... and I have too many books, suitcases too heavy.

can't decide what to leave here to be posted... won't have money to post it for ages

• Advertisement
Advertisement