Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seat post sizes

Options
  • 29-09-2006 3:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭

I'm on the look out for a carbon fibre seat post for my bike. Currently I have a 27.2 mm post with a shim that takes it up to 31.4mm to fit the seat tube. I've seen a few posts I like but can't get an exact 31.4mm item. There does however seem to be a good choice of 31.6mm posts. Do the cycling massive here think this will do the job or will the extra 0.2mm mean it wont fit?

Thanks
    LOMG!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,946 ✭✭✭BeardyGit

The tolerance is so tight that it won't fit. This is writing from personal experience.

Gil

• Registered Users Posts: 3,634 ✭✭✭Enduro

You definitely don't want to try that with CF.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭LikeOhMyGawd!

Thanks guys. In a slight twist to the tale it emerges that the guy who built the bike up for me used a 31.4mm shim whereas he should have been a using 31.6mm as this is the correct size for the seat tube. Am now sorted with a nice new Ambrosio CF seat post:)

Advertisement