Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Black truffles - where can I buy some?

• 29-09-2006 3:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 47

Just wondering does anybody have an idea where I could get some black truffles and how much do they sell for.
    I'm specifically looking for a store in Dublin please. Any help would be great. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,096 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Picked some up from deli counter at Fallon & Bryne (Exchequer Street) last weekend. 35 euro for two about 1 cm in diameter.

Not eaten them before, so didn't know what to expect. Mixed some chopped shavings in with oiled spaghetti. Didn't taste of much, so kept using more then just munched on them directly. Just tasted earthy with slight mushroomy flavour. Garden soil and mushrooms would have been cheaper!

What should I expect?

John

(F&B will also order white truffles for you, but don't stock them, best to call)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,096 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

update: went back to F&B today, they had fresh black truffles (loose) on the deli counter. very tasty, and a bargain at €700/kg (joke). Much better defined taste that the jarred ones.

Advertisement