Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stopping cat from chewing wires

Options
  • 29-09-2006 5:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭

Our cat has twice chewed through the charger cord for a little mini vacuum we have. We bought the vacuum to clean her cage easier but she hates it. It was plugged out one day and we came back with the wire chewed right through. I thought for a moment that it shorted out or burned but then noticed that she started to attack it very aggressively. We got this bitter spray but instead of taking a dislike to it, Milse started to clean it off the cable we sprayed it on.:)

I got a new charger the other day and had forgotten where I left it in the room, it was chewed through again! I have heard tabasco sauce is good, any other ideas? It is only this cable she has ever attacked because it is attached to the mini-vacuum and she wants it gone.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Get a heavily scented lemon soap and rub it on the cable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭luckat

Or Tabasco, unless she likes chiles, of course. Put it away, more to the point.

Good to know your cat can defend herself from the alien invaders, though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Thanks, I think the bitter spray was apple or something but she liked it anyway. :) The vacuum is cordless, she just sneaked in behind me and had a few seconds of fight time with the charger. She has no other issues with the massive amount of computer network cables laying around. I will try the lemon soap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭FranknFurter

Mustard or should also work. :)
    Could also try garlic, some seem to hate it.

B

Advertisement