Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Whole Truth -you heard it here first!!!

Options
  • 29-09-2006 5:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭

Imagine the scene...

12 men are sitting in a bar.

"Our mate Bertie is going through a rough-patch at the moment," says one of them.

"Yes," says another, "he barely had enough money for a pint of Bass a while ago."

"That's an awful shame," agreed a third.

"Y'know -we're all good friends with this man -this country's Minister of Finance," says the fourth guy, "it's a pity there's nothing we can do for him."

"You're right!" the fifth man pipes up- "we oughtta have a whip around for him -The poor man's finances are in desperate order!"

"Here, use my hat!" cries the sixth.

"I'll give £50!" boasts the seventh man.

"£50!" calls the eight in disgust. "And you call yourself a close personal friend! Here's all the money in my pocket -£500!"

"Now lads," smiles the ninth man. "I realise some of you don't have very big pockets, but I'm throwing in 2-and-a-half-grand.... BECAUSE HE'S WORTH IT."

Not wanting to be outdone, the tenth man lashes down IR£3,000, causing a sharp intake of breath among the other eleven.

"That is just NOT ethical!" cries the eleventh, tossing his two-and-a-half grand into the hat.

The twelvth friend looks at the now-bulging kitty before him.
    "We're gonna need a bigger hat," he sighs.

Meanwhile Bertie returns from the toilet. "Are y'all right there lads?" says the poor misfortunate Minister. "Ye WHAT!? ...For me!? ...Aaah lads ye shouldn't have!"

And for *that* they want to hang the poor man out to dry!

Next Week... "Off To Manchester!"

Comments

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

As hard as I try, I can't see anything useful coming of this.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement