Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Big insurance premium drops?

Options
  • 29-09-2006 6:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭

Quinn Direct seem to have dramatically cut their motor insurance premia, at least for me anyway.

I put my details into their site just to see what I'd be charged for my car if I was to get a new policy tomorrow.
    Car details: Hyundai Coupe fx 1.6, 2002.
    My details: 24, full licence 2 years, living in Kilkenny. 2 years NCB for the purposes of this.
    Quote: €880 fully comp. I'm currently paying about €1500 for fully comp, though that policy was taken out when I was 23 with 1 years NCB and about 1.5 years full licence, which I guess they count as 1 year.

So I went off and adjusted the details - put myself down as 23 with 1 year NCB and 1 year full licence and got a fully comp quote of €927. I wish they did this back in April, i'd like to have that 600-odd quid in my pocket rather than theirs!

I tried a fully comp quote for a 2002 Celica 190bhp with my current details and got quoted €1200-odd, which is pretty damn good in my experience. At 23 they wouldn't quote me on anything over 110bhp!

Have any of the other insurers dropped their premia recently? Hibernian still won't quote me online because I have my licence for less than 3 years... bell ends.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65,401 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Enjoy the savings in moderation :D
    Stephen wrote:
    I tried a fully comp quote for a 2002 Celica 190bhp with my current details and got quoted €1200-odd, which is pretty damn good in my experience

That's a very good quote indeed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭VeVeX

My insurance is up for renewal next week got quoted €690 fully comp on my 1.8t A3. Thats about €200 less then last year. Im 26 with 5 years no claims. I would say its cheap but having lined their pockets for the last 5-6 years without incident I think ive earned it more so then getting a good deal. My first premium was 3.200 punts on a 1L corsa which was absolutly crazy money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I posted a while back that the insurance good days may be over, but since the random drink driving testing came in death rate have dropped sharply so we might see a knock-on with respect of premiums.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

unkel wrote:
    Enjoy the savings in moderation :D

My premium isn't due until February, so hopefully those quotes will still be available to me by then! If so I will certainly enjoy the savings :)

Advertisement