Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The matrix and prime

Options
  • 29-09-2006 6:53pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭

So what was te story with the matrix that was often in the comics? I doubt it will be in the live action version? It was a weird meditation thingie that optimus went on?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

in the comics the matrix was the distilled essence of primus. their progenitor (god :D ) the whole idea was primus created the transformers to fight unicron in his stead cause the two of em going at it nearly totaled the universe. primus thought he trapped unicron in a metal planetoid but using the psychic link they shared from fighting on the astral plane he found out unicron psychokinetically altered that prison into a planet which went around muching on the universe ,then eventually creating a secound mode which was a facsimilie of his old body. though not a member of their race unicron became the first transformer. primus nicked the idea but created an entire race instead of doing the same to himself cause it would just leave him back at square one. he put what remained of his essence and power in the matrix and armed them with it, it was what the transfomers were meant to use destroy unicron.

from day one autobot leaders beared the matrix, though some decpticons have too for brief periods . primes the latest, like some in the past he has an affinity for the matrix meaning he can interface with it on a subconcious level. you cant really control the matrix, but if it wants you to can use it , generally to do what its for. create new transformer life. its not the only way but it is the main meathod of procreation which is why it entrusted to someone like optimus. theyre pretty much ****ed as a race if they lose it :D

which brings me to the movie. apparently all that crap your hearing about "the energon cube" actually refers to the matrix. on of the main plots of the movie is the matrix's on earth and both sides are looking for it

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

So i take it the creator was that old lookin dude so inside the matrix? Right. Makes sense now!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,839 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

faceman wrote:
    So i take it the creator was that old lookin dude so inside the matrix? Right. Makes sense now!
    Actually no. In the cartoon Alpha Trion (Optimus Prime's creator) merged with Vector Sigma on Cybertron to give life to the Aerialbots in order for them to counter Megatron's new Stunticon group. Part of his essence remained in the matrix in S3 as a result of being one of the former Autobot leaders.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

ok. so in the modern transformers series (which i havent watched) is there a link between them and the original cartoon storyline?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,839 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

No idea.. haven't really watched the new series either.. I've tried but I just hate the animation and voice acting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

Kaiser2000 wrote:
    No idea.. haven't really watched the new series either.. I've tried but I just hate the animation and voice acting.

i don't mind the animation. it just needs to be made less pokemon and it'd be great. the voice acting needs some work alright though...

the stories don't really relate too much to what we're used to in g1. there's a lot of dittering off the main plot in episodes to give the kids a good message...

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

The Matrix is in Armada, but they don't really explain what it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

the first animated series to liken the matrix to its comic roots is beast wars and later beast machines. basically using simon furmans idea of it being a sentient entity called primus. the latest series, cybertron, actually has cybertron transform into robot mode towards the end. the series basically being all about reactivating primus.

theyve pretty much got sod all to do with G 1 :D

Advertisement