Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Warrings?

Options
  • 29-09-2006 8:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭

Ah long story short my student card was taken off me by some guy after the college ball. So what im asking what will happen?

Btw he gave me back the card after he took my student number and name!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Warning? Punishment? What ya do? :p

A guy asked me for it one day, just said I didn't go there... aint getting a warning in the first week hahaha.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭eamoss

Yeah I stupidly said I was but when he asked if I lived on campus I said no I wasnt gonna make the same mistake twice.

For the next time
    Security: Are you a student here?
    Me: No, im just up for the night. Im staying with some friends who live outside the campus.
    Security: Ok get off campus!
    Me: *Walks off campus and heads down to The Roost and heads back to campus after a few mins*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭Mr Rivers

Now make the short story long, what ya do?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭FunkyChicken

You're gonna get kicked out of your gaff and probably booted out of college. That or else a hefty fine. Them guys never take your card without a very good reason. Happened to a mate of mine last year. Now he works in the LA :(

I actually didnt do anything I had to take responsible for two of my mates that where up for the ball one of which is a boards.ie member. They where walking around without their pants on, going for a piss behind them bins beside the prefabs and then what I think what got us into trouble pushing the bins into one of the lads who was putting his pants back on.

I saw the man come and one of my mates was still putting on this pants beside the bins and I was calling him to get away from the bins but he wanted to fix his belt frist :rolleyes:

Then they said after why I didnt shout "RUN" but we couldnt have becasue there was a girl with us and she wudnt have been able to run and would have got caught.

I very much doubt that I will get kicked out of my apartment seeing that I told the guy I didnt live on campus and it didnt happen anywhere near the apartments (it happened outside the Biosciences & Electronic Engineering Building)

He said to me when he was taking my details you have to take reasonability for your friends they are drunk and get them home(this was after I told him that we were staying off campus even tho they were staying on campus that night) and they weren’t that drunk either which is the od thing. And we always get away with that type of **** in Dundalk!!

Now that was prob my longest post!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭Mr Rivers

Nah, I'd say you're grand so! They're just runnin the ****s up ya, if ya get a call to head of security then start worryin

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

eamoss wrote:
    And we always get away with that type of **** in Dundalk!!
    Theres a fair amount of difference between NUIM and Dundalk.
    In Dundalk, it is socially acceptable to piss on walls, and push bins at your friends at night, when you are drunk, presumably.
    In NUIM, people are generally less... "knackerish"

If you lived on campus, your bathroom would have been max 3 minutes away.
    FFS even a girl peed beside the EENG building?
    Classy dude!

Security were right to take your student number.
    Nothing will come of it this time, but next time they will have that as a reference, and will go harder on you.

FuzzyLogic wrote:
    Shoulda been in the village at 1ish on Thursday!

btw did you pass your repeats?

FuzzyLogic wrote:
    Theres a fair amount of difference between NUIM and Dundalk.
    In Dundalk, it is socially acceptable to piss on walls, and push bins at your friends at night, when you are drunk, presumably.

If you lived on campus, your bathroom would have been max 3 minutes away.
    FFS even a girl peed beside the EENG building?
    Classy dude!

Security were right to take your student number.
    Nothing will come of it this time, but next time they will have that as a reference, and will go harder on you.

The reason why we got away with that sort of stuff was because we where on a public place which the only people doing security would be the Gardai and they wouldn’t be interested in wasting their time on people doing that sort of carry on while in NUIM is on private property (afaik anyway) and security have to deal with the same people all the time so they give you a warring on the lightest offence so that you will think twice before you act the next time.

The girl did not go for a piss at all they only people that did was two of my mates who hand been drinking a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,548 ✭✭✭Duff

I was'nt drinking ALOT and if republic of loose had'nt have been so ****e we never would have gotten into trouble! :D..he was just a pheado priest anyway, watchin us with our pants down..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭pisslips

Thats gay, i don't blame you. The security are pretty retarded at times."we must protect the students from themselves". Well F*ck you security......idiots.I really don't like them at all.I had less hassle in school ffs.Lets pull some pranks....thats what i say.Makes me feel big:rolleyes: .Really though rob and brake random things, it's fun, without hurting anyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭ArcadeFred

There was a college ball?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,548 ✭✭✭Duff

ArcadeFred wrote:
    There was a college ball?

Welcome friend, to 19 days ago!

Freshers ball I think. Was it a proper ball with tuxs and gowns and crap? I missed it last year

Advertisement