Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

me rallying... last rally ( ended up in a tree :(

• 29-09-2006 8:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭

got the call from a lad who needed a co-driver for his first rally back after a small break... the car was a pug 205... the story before this happened.. was that we spun hit a bale and went into a garden... the bale damaged the back and id say the suspension.. and knocked the exauste off.. this made it really load in the car.. even with the intercom.. we then met a 5L / bump.. it was a bit of a jump landed side ways.. hit a gate post spun again and then the back went into a tree..... the windscreen was about 10 metres into a field from when we hit the post...

we broke everything... even my seat even the handbrake.... id say about 60 - 70 mph when we hit the post...

it wasent fun... took me about 10 mins to get out of the car i really should of let a ambulance come as i really hurt my back and neck....

anyway thats rallying :) it did scare the **** out of me and i havent got back in a rally car yet.. hopeing to soon...
    almc1lwk3.th.jpg
    almc2nu0.th.jpg
    almc3tk1.th.jpg
    almc4on8.th.jpg
    almc5jp8.th.jpg
    almc6sl4.th.jpg
    almc7aj2.th.jpg
    almc8nb8.th.jpg
    almc9su7.th.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Kersh

Christ.. at least you are ok, relatively.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Glad you managed to walk away. Did anything in particular go through your mind during the time it took the driver to lose it and for you to clatter the tree?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭afatbollix

well we came down the hill... faster than the last run through it... i should of said back off or something but i though the driver had it.. then the driver went agghhhhh... looked up and started to fell it slide.. then i must of closed my eyes.. then i remember being inextreme pain ( worst ive ever felt) in my lower back.. then after a few seconds i opened my eyes.. i seen the driver getting out through the windscreen... i sat there trying to feel my legs and back etc to see if anything was broken.. after about 2 mins i could move my legs... then the driver came back to ask was i ok. did i need a ambulance.. i said no for some reason.. then i took off my helmet and then plucked up myself to get out... i walked down the road a small bit and sat down again..

so what ive learned was if im in a biggish crash again get a doctor in.. as i was in pain for quite a while after...

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Xmorpheus

ouch anto :(

As you've probably discovered, it can take a while to find out if you're really injured. Adrenaline is amazing stuff and it can take anywhere from 5-20 minutes for it to wear off.

Being able to move your legs etc. is not an indication that you don't have a back injury. We've had drivers get out of the car unaided who subsequently turned out to have fractured vertibrae, so unless there's a really good reason to get out of the car quickly - fire hazard etc. - you're always better off just sitting quietly for a few mins and then getting checked over by the medics.

Hope you're feeling better soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭TempestSabre

Bad luck with that. Did you get an x-ray mate. Check that you've not broken anything.

• Advertisement
Advertisement