Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Savings for Affordable housing application

Options
  • 29-09-2006 8:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

Hope someone can help, myself and boyf want to send in an application for the affordable housing scheme but can you just clarify if we have to save for 3 consecutive months the 650/750 or can we just transfer the required amount for applying?
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

It depends which council you apply to.
    I can tell you that Fingal have the 3 month savings requirement before you apply, you must have evidence of this as well per month.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭podge018

and with Fingal you must wait til the end of the month to get a statement. I had savings for July, August, September, and got my statement on the 20th September and sent it all away. Got a phonecall to say that they needed the statement to show the whole of September.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭johnjay

Fingal will also take rent as a form of saving, providing you have a lease or pay by direct debit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 DUBJEN

Thanks for that guys, we only decided a couple of weeks ago and we had a bit saved so just wanted too transfer it across but were going to do the three monthy installments now cos we heard they they don't like big credit card debts!
    Were hoping for somewhere around Swords/Malahide/Lusk area does anyone know how to find out if they have any new plans for developments in these area's?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭johnjay

No, Fingal dont like Credit Card debts or Over Drafts. So make sure you clear those before doing anything. Start saving now, you will be surprised how long it takes to get all your stuff together for the application, even getting your tax balancing statement from the Revenue can take a few weeks.

From what I gather, Fingal always have a good lot of properties around Lusk. They also say on their website that they have some around Swords (I'm guessing these are in Abbeystone near Feltrim). I haven't heard much about properties in Malahide, but I'd say they are few and far between - and unless you or your partner happen to work for Fingal Co Co, I dont think you would have much chance of Malahide!

Good Luck with your application - I got provisional approval a few weeks back, so am on the list.

• Advertisement
Advertisement