Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

MCSA advice

• 29-09-2006 10:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭

I'm thinking of going for some MCPs and getting the MCSA on server 2003. I already have the A+ exam and if I combine this with either the Server+ or Network+, it counts for the elective exam. Which one would you go for - server+ or network+ - and why?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 583 ✭✭✭monkey tennis

Forget the Network+ and Server+, they're worthless. Go for the Security+ instead and get an MCSA with security specialization. I'd recommend a CCNA as your next step to cover networking properly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 327 ✭✭Bebop

yeah, right...

I got my MCSA 2 years ago taking the same route, I started with A+ and then did network+, I took this route because I was working with network operating systems and managed it easy enough, if you are getting hands on with servers the server+ might be a better choice for you,

Certification can help get you a job in IT; but it has to be backed by hands on experience before an employer will let you loose on their network,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

Network+ and Server+ are both alot easier then Security+, but it all depends on what area you work in and what direction you want your career to go. Security+ is probably better to do long term because it is an indemand cert and it is also the only compTIA cert that is an elective for the MCSE.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭Auburn

Thanks for all the replies. I'm two years out of college now. Did a year in tech support (:rolleyes: worst job ever) and then moved onto IT Helpdesk work, where I still am. At the moment at work we are taking on some server monitoring duties and will soon have remote server admin access of a big national network, so I'm thinking of trying to capitalise on this and plump up my CV more towards the network admin side of things. My heads in a muddle trying to decide what certs to do. I have to move onto a job where I'm not based on phones soon cos it won't be too much longer before I crack :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭tech

I go for MSCA 1st and do Exchange as your 4th Exam, Then a Cisco CCNa i think is the way to go

And then finish off you MSCE with anotehr 3 exams

• Advertisement
Advertisement