Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UEFA Cup draw

Options
  • 29-09-2006 10:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭

Takes place on Tuesday chaps, could be a very interesting draw for us. Here are the pots for the draw:

Pot 1
    Sevilla (TH)
    Newcastle United
    Panathinaikos
    AC Parma
    Ajax
    Bayer Leverkusen
    Feyenoord
    AJ Auxerre

Pot 2
    Club Brugge
    FC Basel
    AZ Alkmaar
    Sparta Praha
    Glasgow Rangers
    Celta de Vigo
    Paris Saint-Germain
    RC Lens

Pot 3
    Besiktas
    Palermo
    Espanyol
    Heerenveen
    Partizan Belgrade
    Rapid Bucuresti
    Wisla Kraków
    Slovan Liberec

Pot 4
    Fenerbahçe
    Austria Wien
    Hapoel Tel-Aviv
    Osasuna
    Blackburn Rovers
    Grasshoppers Zürich
    Dinamo Bucuresti
    Livorno

Pot 5
    Tottenham Hotspur
    Maccabi Haifa
    Sporting Braga
    AS Nancy Lorraine
    Eintracht Frankfurt
    Zulte Waregem
    Mladá Boleslav
    OB Odense

To advance, I'd like a draw along the lines of Leverkusen, Celta Vigo, Slovan Liberec, and Austria Wien.

For the entertainment value, I'd like away trips to Ajax and Espanyol, and home to Rangers and Hapoel Tel Aviv.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭el diablo

Takes place on Tuesday chaps, could be a very interesting draw for us. Here are the pots for the draw:

Pot 1
    Sevilla (TH)
    Newcastle United
    Panathinaikos
    AC Parma
    Ajax
    Bayer Leverkusen
    Feyenoord
    AJ Auxerre

Pot 2
    Club Brugge
    FC Basel
    AZ Alkmaar
    Sparta Praha
    Glasgow Rangers
    Celta de Vigo
    Paris Saint-Germain
    RC Lens

Pot 3
    Besiktas
    Palermo
    Espanyol
    Heerenveen
    Partizan Belgrade
    Rapid Bucuresti
    Wisla Kraków
    Slovan Liberec

Pot 4
    Fenerbahçe
    Austria Wien
    Hapoel Tel-Aviv
    Osasuna
    Blackburn Rovers
    Grasshoppers Zürich
    Dinamo Bucuresti
    Livorno

Pot 5
    Tottenham Hotspur
    Maccabi Haifa
    Sporting Braga
    AS Nancy Lorraine
    Eintracht Frankfurt
    Zulte Waregem
    Mladá Boleslav
    OB Odense

To advance, I'd like a draw along the lines of Leverkusen, Celta Vigo, Slovan Liberec, and Austria Wien.

For the entertainment value, I'd like away trips to Ajax and Espanyol, and home to Rangers and Hapoel Tel Aviv.

yes, should be interesting but I'd be scared of teams such as Ajax, Sevilla,
    Panathinaikos, Feyenoord etc. but I'm not really sure how it works. is it seeded?

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

el diablo wrote:
    but I'm not really sure how it works. is it seeded?

One team from each pot into each group. Seeding groups are ranked 1-5 as numbered.

One team from each pot into each group. Seeding groups are ranked 1-5 as numbered.
    that's what I thought, but how did Newcastle Utd manage to get into ther top group?? and how are teams such as Blackburn seeded ahead of us?

and apparently we are second favourites for the UEFA Cup...:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

el diablo wrote:
    that's what I thought, but how did Newcastle Utd manage to get into ther top group?? and how are teams such as Blackburn seeded ahead of us?

Club coefficients are calculated over the last 5 years, we have been out of Europe for 7. Since we have not competed in the last 5 years our coefficient is the country coefficient, i.e. England's is 20.950 so both ourselves and West Ham had that.

Blackburn are seeded ahead of us because they've played in Europe in the last 5 years, UEFA Cup in seasons 2002/03 (after defeating us in the League Cup 01/02) and 2003/04 (through the league)

Newcastle have had SF and QF appearances in the Uefa Cup in the last 5 years as well as reaching the 2nd Group Stage of the CL in 2002/03.
    and apparently we are second favourites for the UEFA Cup...:rolleyes:

Bookies don't decide the seedings.

This website is essential reading.

Club coefficients are calculated over the last 5 years, we have been out of Europe for 7. Since we have not competed in the last 5 years our coefficient is the country coefficient, i.e. England's is 20.950 so both ourselves and West Ham had that.

Blackburn are seeded ahead of us because they've played in Europe in the last 5 years, UEFA Cup in seasons 2002/03 (after defeating us in the League Cup 01/02) and 2003/04 (through the league)

Newcastle have had SF and QF appearances in the Uefa Cup in the last 5 years as well as reaching the 2nd Group Stage of the CL in 2002/03.

Bookies don't decide the seedings.

This website is essential reading.
    ok, thanks for the info and the links....:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement