Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

UK GATSO Cameras

Options
  • 29-09-2006 10:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭

Hi All,

I've been in Scotland for the last week and was flashed a few times by those lovely GATSO cameras they have every few miles or so. I assume I'll hear nothing of it - am I right? TBH, I assumed that they wouldn't pursue an Irish registered car so I kinda 'forgot' to slow down. I wasn't that much over the speed limit - 70 in a 60 zone on all occassions.

On a similar note, has anyone noticed how the GATSOs are all 'hi-vis' in the UK - unlike the sneaky counterparts here in Ireland?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭DaveD

Dunno exactly what the story is with Scotland but a friend of my g/f's got fined and points on her licence for speeding on M1, ROI side. She drives an NI reg car and has NI licence. From what i've heard it works the same for us too now if we're caught speeding in NI.

Think you're ok over the water though !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

Nah sorry DaveD, you're wrong. SHe may have gotten a fine but she did not get points on her license. FACT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

Cross border collaboration is mooted for 2007, which means in effect, the end of this decade, unless the EU have the Northern Assembly and the Dail pushed into action. To be fair to the Assembly, some members have been pushing for PP mutuality for some years, with no support from their counterparts in Britain. Squaddies disqualified from driving in the mainland UK drove with impunity in the six counties for many years, for example.

Advertisement