Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Custom temporary tattoo

Options
  • 29-09-2006 10:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭

Hi all,

Was thinking of offering a temporary tattoo service in Dublin. Basically, you would bring your custom tattoo design to me and I would then produce it as a temporary transfer which you could apply yourself to see what your design would look like before actually getting it done. Would this be worth offering as a service?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Kastro

like something you get in bubblegum when you were a kid or airbrushed on?

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭logically

not airbrushed as it couldn't be self applied then.

it's closer to the bubblegum method but higher quality. the temporary tattoo is applied with use of spray bandage and then a damp cloth. basically, any design in colour or black and white can be produced on the tattoo paper which is then applied to the skin. more than 1 design could be put on the page so you get the opportunity to apply different designs and see what you like or have it in different sizes too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭aoife2k

it sounds like a good enough idea and I'd certainly avil of it....what kind of money would u be talkin about?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Kastro

and what are the allergy factors?

price would be under 10 euro for a sheet. The spray bandage you would have to get in the chemist. Should be around 5 or 6 euro for a bottle of that but I might look at providing it also.

Re: allergy factors. WIth the application of 2 coats of spray plaster before adhering the temporary tattoo I would hazard a guess that there is a tinier chance of having any allergic reaction in comparison with a fully inked tattoo....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭BreadBoard

wow that sounds very good. What sizes can you go up to?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

You would probably be better off offering this as an option within a tattoo parlour, people wont neccesarilly go to a completly different shop to get something temporary and then to another shop to get the full one done

Id suggest to have a look at the Tattoo and Piercing places in Ireland sticky in this forum and give them a ring, have a chat with the tattoo parlours and try and get in there.

GaRtH_V wrote:
    You would probably be better off offering this as an option within a tattoo parlour, people wont neccesarilly go to a completly different shop to get something temporary and then to another shop to get the full one done

Id suggest to have a look at the Tattoo and Piercing places in Ireland sticky in this forum and give them a ring, have a chat with the tattoo parlours and try and get in there.
    I'd think that's great idea, I'm sure Tattoo and Piercing places would like to offer this type service.

BreadBoard wrote:
    wow that sounds very good. What sizes can you go up to?

Up to A4 (21 x 29.7 cm approx) but for larger sizes the design could be printed across multiple sheets.

GaRtH_V wrote:

Yeah, I will give them a call next week, thanks for the advice.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭jimi_t

You'd make a fecking killing at festivals, just look how many people bought Henna's at Electric Picnic.

Actually I got a Henna two days before I went and got real tat of a similar image.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭aoife2k

it sounds like a brill idea, i want one now! :D
    i guess u'd have to make sure that the spray on plaster thing would be 100% see thru and not affect the colour of the image once it's on the skin. oh and think them spray plaster things are nearer the €10 mark but ther's probably loads on the market now...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭Fantasy_Suicide

I agree totally 100% with this idea. Excellent.

Advertisement